Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuration of MinimServer
22-03-2013, 00:53
Configuration of MinimServer
I'm running MinimServer on my Synology DS212j. Currently I have a simple folder structure for my albums like this. Basically two user are storing their music on the NAS.
Code:
/music/
    userA/
        Artist - Year - Album/
            Track - Title
    userB/

On my smartphone I would like to either browse the music of each user seperately or browse all the music of both users. The tree should look like this:
Code:
userA
    ArtistA
        Year - Album1
            Track. Title
        Year - Album2
    ArtistB
userB
all
Is there a way to customize MinimServer like this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2013, 10:19
RE: Configuration of MinimServer
(22-03-2013 00:53)multiholle Wrote:  Is there a way to customize MinimServer like this?

To do what you want using MinimServer, you'll need to change from folder browsing to tag browsing. The tags would be Artist, Date, Album, and Title.

For browsing content from multiple users, you need to add an additional tag named User with values 'userA' and 'userB'. All the music for userA would have the User tag set to 'userA' and all the music for userB would have the User tag set to 'userB'.

When you start MinimServer, you'll see a list of choices:

albums
items
Artist
Date
User

By selecting 'albums', 'items', 'Artist' or 'Date', you'll see music for all users.

If you select 'User' and then 'userA' or 'userB', you'll get another list showing the choices:

albums
items
Artist
Date

Now when you select any of these choices, you'll see only music for the user that you selected previously.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply