Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shortcuts not found by MinimServer
03-02-2019, 15:49
Shortcuts not found by MinimServer
I have MS hitting my C:/User/Music folder. It is seeing the subfolders there, but I also have shortcut links to some folders on H:/User/Music, which it is not seeing. I'm using the HiFi Cast app to see my collection and playback.

Anyone know of a fix? Up until now I've been using Logitech Music Server, and the HiFi cast app recognizes the folder shortcuts.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2019, 18:12
RE: Shortcuts not found by MinimServer
Are these file system symbolic links (see this page) or Windows Explorer shortcuts (see this page)? I would expect MinimServer to handle the former but not the latter.
03-02-2019, 18:48
they are windows explorer shortcuts.
03-02-2019, 19:27
Could you change them to file system symbolic links or add equivalent file system symbolic links?
04-02-2019, 15:27
(03-02-2019 15:49)tapeworm48 Wrote:  I have MS hitting my C:/User/Music folder. It is seeing the subfolders there, but I also have shortcut links to some folders on H:/User/Music, which it is not seeing. I'm using the HiFi Cast app to see my collection and playback.

Anyone know of a fix? Up until now I've been using Logitech Music Server, and the HiFi cast app recognizes the folder shortcuts.

Thanks

I can confirm that I frequently use symbolic links inside my minimserver library, without any problem. However, windows explorer shortcuts do not work at all.
05-02-2019, 00:57
(03-02-2019 19:27)simoncn Wrote:  Could you change them to file system symbolic links or add equivalent file system symbolic links?

i'm not familiar with these. are they fairly simple to setup?
05-02-2019, 06:29
(05-02-2019 00:57)tapeworm48 Wrote:  i'm not familiar with these. are they fairly simple to setup?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/symlink-creator/

or type MKLINK from within a cmd window and follow the help given there.

I would prefer simply adding multiple contentDirs since this works now and you remember how to added them some day in the future when you had to reinstall windows for some reason. Since then you likely forgot about the fact that ordinary links didn't work.