Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MinimServer not starting on macOS
02-02-2019, 12:46
MinimServer not starting on macOS
I've been using MinimServer on QNAP and on MacBookPro without any problem.
I just installed MinimServer 0.8.5.2 and JRE 8.u.201 on a iMac but the application does not open. No error message either !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2019, 13:04
RE: MinimServer not starting on macOS
Try logging out and logging in again (or powering the iMac off and on), then try again. If it still doesn't work, check the instructions in this section very carefully, especially steps 4, 5 and 6.
02-02-2019, 14:07
(02-02-2019 13:04)simoncn Wrote:  Try logging out and logging in again (or powering the iMac off and on), then try again. If it still doesn't work, check the instructions in this section very carefully, especially steps 4, 5 and 6.

I had tried powering the iMac off and on and had followed the instructions carefully, but it does not help.
MinimWatch does not work either, although I have MinimServer running on the NAS!
02-02-2019, 15:15
In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder and enter ~/Library. In the list of folders, there should be a folder named MinimServer and this folder should contain files named minimserver.log and/or minimserver-out.log. Please double-click both these files to view their contents and copy and paste this information here.
02-02-2019, 15:54
(02-02-2019 15:15)simoncn Wrote:  In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder and enter ~/Library. In the list of folders, there should be a folder named MinimServer and this folder should contain files named minimserver.log and/or minimserver-out.log. Please double-click both these files to view their contents and copy and paste this information here.

I feel now very ashamed! In the list of Library folders, I did not find any MinimServer folder ... but I found a MinimWatch folder with .log files. I then restarted the MinimServer application and it works perfectly!? I don't know what I did wrong or missed but for sure the application works perfectly. Sorry for having wasted your time.
Thanks for your prompt answers.
02-02-2019, 16:51 (This post was last modified: 02-02-2019 16:53 by simoncn.)
On the Mac, it can sometimes be difficult to judge the correct interval between the two clicks of a double-click. It the interval is too short or too long, the application won't start.