Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MinimWatch and MinimServer using different ports
05-01-2019, 13:30
MinimWatch and MinimServer using different ports
Hi all,

I'm using a QNAP TS-251+ for my music collection and installed MinimServer (0.8.5.2) as my preferred music server.

To configure MinimServer I installed MinimWatch(0.8.5.3) on my Windows-Laptop.
MinimServer is running without problems with a single content directory edit via web interface and following address: http://192.168.178.36:9790.

MinimWatch is running as well but not able to see MinimServer. MinimWatch is monitoring following address: 192.168.178.36:9791.

In our forum many topics dealing with this problem and I considered all proposals to set firewall accordingly.

But I haven't see further information regarding different ports number and how I can change it.
As long MinimServer used 9790 and MinimWatch is monitoring at 9791 I will be not able to use MinimServer configuration options.

I would be more than happy to get an advice how to change port address. In case this topic was discussed already please send me the corresponding link.

Many thanks in advance and take care
Dietmar
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2019, 13:45
RE: MinimWatch and MinimServer using different ports
The port numbers you are seeing are correct. Port 9790 is used for HTTP and port 9791 is used for UPnP communication between MinimWatch and MinimServer. For some suggestions about how to solve your problem, see the MinimWatch can't find MinimServer section.
08-01-2019, 20:26
Hi Simon,
thanks for your clarification and my problem is solved.
My firewall blocked communication with my NAS.
For all others, in case you should have the same problem just have a look in your firewall log file.
You will see all blocked IP addresses and if one of these entries your NAS address, MinimWatch communication to NAS will fail. To fix it just enter your NAS address in your firewall address rules.
Take care
Dietmar
08-01-2019, 20:54
The trace messages are intended for debugging and might not have the meaning you expect.

In this case, the tag value is not added to anything if the tag doesn't appear in indexTags or itemTags or is one of a small number of tags that MinimServer always reads (for example, Album and Title). For other "unused" tags, the tag name is written to the cache file and nothing is saved in memory.

These "unused" tag names are saved in the cache file to speed up rescanning when new tags are added to indexTags or itemTags. If a new tag is added to either of these, MinimServer checks the cache entry for each audio file to see whether the new tag is present in the audio file. If the new tag is present in the audio file, MinimServer reads the file to get the tag value. If the new tag is not present in the audio file, MinimServer does not need to read the audio file but can use the data in the cache entry.