Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet radio vs Intranet NAS connection
30-12-2018, 23:42
Internet radio vs Intranet NAS connection
getting NAS out of Internet access when playing internet radio over Linn Accurate DSM

Since years i hear my music storing on a Synology NAS with Minim Server with a Linn Accurate DSM and an Asus Router. None of this parts has access to internet. My tablet is also attached with the router over wifi playing music with Bubble. So all is Home Intranet

My idea is to hear Internet Radion over the Linn and tablet, but i do not want for security reason, that hacking kids getting access to my NAS, maybe destroying the content.

So is there somebody with a solution that NAS is still in Intranet but Linn plays also Internet radio ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2018, 07:45
RE: Internet radio vs Intranet NAS connection
Your router firewall should be able to either block internet access to just the IP address of the NAS or allow internet access to just the IP address of the Linn.
01-01-2019, 01:47
For additional security you can also enable the Synology DSM firewall on your NAS.
01-01-2019, 10:27
(31-12-2018 07:45)simoncn Wrote:  Your router firewall should be able to either block internet access to just the IP address of the NAS or allow internet access to just the IP address of the Linn.

Ah ok i will search for such a functionalitiy in my Router Config the next days.
It´s a RT-AC56U router not the newest model.

This sounds like an easy to implement solution Smile