Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Minimserver + BubbleuPnP + Vifa
18-12-2018, 16:19 (This post was last modified: 18-12-2018 19:31 by lafuente.)
[SOLVED] Minimserver + BubbleuPnP + Vifa
Hi,

I use minimserver with a Sotm SMS-100 from years without any problems.

Recently I bought a Vifa coppenhagen speaker that is uPnp compatible. Nice...

I have only FLAC files on the server, at several frame-rate. My problem is that the Vifa uPnP won't play anything else that is higher from CD quality (16bits/44100Hz). I have many FLAC that have upper sample rate. So today I tried to set up the stream.transcode option, but without success.

I can transcode FLAC to anything else from flac, but I didn't found how to ONLY transcode FLAC 24/192 to FLAC 16/44 for example. Can anyone point me to right settings please ?

flac:flac;44 don't operate

The goal is to set minimserver to only serve 16/44 FLAC, whatever is the original file. And maybe to add a filter that won't use teanscode if FALC is already 16/44.

thanks for reading,
Manu
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2018, 16:45 (This post was last modified: 18-12-2018 16:46 by simoncn.)
RE: Minimserver + BubbleuPnP + Vifa
You can't transcode FLAC to FLAC. Is there a problem with transcoding FLAC to WAV or L16? Is the Vifa able to handle either of these? Trascoding to WAV or L16 should not reduce sound quality and might make it slightly better.

To transcode only those files that have higher sample rates or bit depths, you can use an input type filter (see this section). For example, to transcode all FLAC files above 16/44100, you can set stream.transcode to flac(>16;44):wav16;44

I have moved this thread to the MinimStreamer section of the forum as this topic relates to MinimStreamer rather than MinimServer.
18-12-2018, 18:06 (This post was last modified: 18-12-2018 18:11 by lafuente.)
Thank for this answer.
I already tried wav16;44 without success.

I've just ask Vifa which format are OK with there Copenhagen speaker when used as a Render.

I'll update this tread as soon as I have an answer from there support (if any).

I'll also check that ffmpeg is OK. Maybe the problem is here...

Anyway, thanks,
Manu

EDIT : A WAVE FILE 16/44.1 PLACED AT MINIMSERVER MEDIA LOCATION OPERATE OK WITH MY SPEAKER. SO IT MAY BE RELATED TO A TRANSCODE PROBLEM. I THINK I NEED TO CHECK FFMPEG INSTALLATION !!
18-12-2018, 18:13
What machine (computer or NAS) are you using to run MinimServer? It could be that this machine isn't powerful enough to transcode with downsampling.
18-12-2018, 18:24
Thank Simon.

Problem solved. It was a FFMPEG.exe misconfiguration. Everything operate smoothly now ;-)
I was miss the stream.converter field because I was thinking that minimserver will check the /opt/bin folder by itself. Apparently not in windows. And I may notice that this folder dosn't exist in windows release of minimserver (so I create it myself).

For your information : Windows 2008R2 server - MinimServer as a service - old Pentium G2020 with 4Gb RAM.

Currently I transcode 24/192 Flac to wave 16/44 without a single sound distortion. My CPU load is 1~2%

Minimserver in association with BubbleuPnP is really an excellent solution. Is there a page for donation ?

Best regards,
Manu
18-12-2018, 18:25 (This post was last modified: 18-12-2018 18:28 by lafuente.)
(18-12-2018 18:24)lafuente Wrote:  Is there a page for donation ?

Found it too. Thx

EDIT : and used !
18-12-2018, 18:51
(18-12-2018 18:24)lafuente Wrote:  I was miss the stream.converter field because I was thinking that minimserver will check the /opt/bin folder by itself. Apparently not in windows. And I may notice that this folder dosn't exist in windows release of minimserver (so I create it myself).

The opt/bin folder (not /opt/bin) does exist in Windows. See this section for details of the location of this folder for all platforms. On Windows, the opt/bin folder is created when you run MinimStreamer for the first time. MinimStreamer checks this folder automatically and puts the path opt/bin/ffmpeg into the stream.converter property if a valid ffmpeg executable is found there.

I'm glad to hear transcoding is working correctly now. Many thanks for the donation!
18-12-2018, 19:31
As far as I remember, i used this threas (post#6) to make Minimserver a service under win2008R2. It operate very well.

What happen today is that when I install MinimStreamer using MinimWatch from a remote computer, the opt/bin folder didn't appears. So I'd think that this is a linux related thing and create them by myself in the MinimServer main folder (and think that Minim will use this as default).

your message intrigue me so I had a look to my server. The simple question is : why opt/bin wasn't automatically created since Simon tell that this is the normal behaviour ?

In fact they was, but in the "user" folder dedicated to minimserver service, not in the minim "program files" folder...

FYI ;-)
19-12-2018, 10:25
RE: [SOLVED] Minimserver + BubbleuPnP + Vifa
(18-12-2018 16:45)simoncn Wrote:  Trascoding to WAV or L16 should not reduce sound quality and might make it slightly better.

I was really unsure about this sentence, but it's true. Using WAV instead of FLAC allow a better sound ! So I can affirm that Vifa uPnP renderer is more WAV friendly.
Thank for this advice
22-12-2018, 22:45 (This post was last modified: 22-12-2018 22:46 by lafuente.)
RE: [SOLVED] Minimserver + BubbleuPnP + Vifa
Just an information if someone want to know

Vifa support Wrote:Copenhagen can decode flac internally, and 24/96K is possible. In fact, the decoder can handle 24/192K, but the Wi-Fi link cannot follow this.

Best regards,
Manu