Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC radio streams 'hiccup'
06-12-2018, 21:18
BBC radio streams 'hiccup'
Hi all!

I've had a trawl through the threads and can't find a similar topic to this - I hope it's not a repost!

So I'm streaming BBC HD stations to my Onkyo CR-N755 receiver using MinimStream, because for some reason the HD stream won't play through the vTuner native menu. MinimServer is running on my PC (i5-6500, 16GB, SSD storage), everything is wireless - the bandwidth here isn't great at ~10Mbps but I've had no problems with other stations. But the stream of these HD stations has 'hiccups' every few seconds - the same sound you might get plugging an audio jack in with the volume too high. It's not there on the 'cooking' 128k stream in vTuner so it must be a problem elsewhere. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers, Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2018, 22:42
RE: BBC radio streams 'hiccup'
The first step would be to connect the PC and the Onkyo to your router using wired Ethernet connections (perhaps a temporary long cable) to confirm whether or not the problem is related to wireless connectivity.
06-12-2018, 23:22
RE: BBC radio streams 'hiccup'
(06-12-2018 22:42)simoncn Wrote:  The first step would be to connect the PC and the Onkyo to your router using wired Ethernet connections (perhaps a temporary long cable) to confirm whether or not the problem is related to wireless connectivity.

Thanks, that's a great idea. Just have to find a bunch of ethernet cable then I'll report back to base!