Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stability of minimserver folder's ID
26-11-2018, 16:54 (This post was last modified: 26-11-2018 16:57 by lyapounov.)
Stability of minimserver folder's ID
Hi Simon

I am now building a set of php / mysql files to browse my music library on my Synology server.

As I have mentionned some times earlier, I use a combination of tagging plus a very precise tree structure (the issue being, at 5700 albums, I can't retag all of them).

Now, using the jalder Upnp library, I am able to get the tree structure of Minimserver.

Here is my question: to each node, an ID is attached (0$folders for the root, 0$folders$f6846 for a child, etc...). What I would like to know is: if I add an album somewhere, then do a rescan, will those ID remain constant in the part of the tree structure which is not concerned by the addition of the album ?

In other term, can I add this ID as an column in my database of nodes ?

Reason to do this is I want to play the album from my music server from my computer connected to my synology (this site acting as a controller).

I hope my (geeky) question is clear !

Thx

Best
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2018, 20:30
RE: Stability of minimserver folder's ID
When you do a rescan, this restarts MinimServer. When MinimServer is restarted, these IDs can change. This means you can't rely on these IDs staying the same after a rescan.
26-11-2018, 20:38
RE: Stability of minimserver folder's ID
(26-11-2018 20:30)simoncn Wrote:  When you do a rescan, this restarts MinimServer. When MinimServer is restarted, these IDs can change. This means you can't rely on these IDs staying the same after a rescan.

Thx Simon !!!