Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Repeated kills on Synology NAS 218 Play
25-11-2018, 12:16
Repeated kills on Synology NAS 218 Play
Hi
I am getting repeated kills reported for Minimserver on Synology NAS. Occasionally my streaming stops as well.
Any ideas. My NAS is fully updated.
Yours,
Paul
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2018, 17:45
RE: Repeated kills on Synology NAS 218 Play
Where are the kills reported? Are there any minimserver-crash files in the MinimServer/appData folder? If so, please attach one of these files to a post here (see this post).
25-11-2018, 18:03
Reported in notifications as follows:
"MinimServer had to be stopped using a forced kill. Please contact MinimServer support if this happens repeatedly."
I can see no crash files in MinimServer/appData folder on my NAS.
Nice of Synology to put you in the frame :-)
Incidentally also getting similar message for BubbleUPNP server.
P
25-11-2018, 19:19
What is happening just before the forced kill notification? Are you stopping MinimServer from the Package Center or are you shutting down the NAS?
28-11-2018, 23:31 (This post was last modified: 28-11-2018 23:35 by PSAS786.)
The short answer is I do not know. I have had a couple of interruptions today when my control point (BubbleUPNP or Naim) and looking at the notifications on the NAS so it does not seem the kills are associated with the interuppted play, The last reported kill for Minimsrver was three days ago. Prior to that at least one will per day for the past three weeks. Not looked back further. Intersingly thw number of kills reported on each day is equalled by those for BubbleUPNP Server.
As far as I am aware nothing changed on my NAS in the last few days....
Paul
29-11-2018, 09:30
Are the kills at the same time each day, such as 2 am or 3 am? If so, they could be caused by some other task that the NAS is starting automatically at the same time each day.
29-11-2018, 18:08
(29-11-2018 09:30)simoncn Wrote:  Are the kills at the same time each day, such as 2 am or 3 am? If so, they could be caused by some other task that the NAS is starting automatically at the same time each day.

No obvious pattern that I can see. Shall I keep an eye on this and let you know if and when it occurs again hopefully with more info. Bubble Server consistently being killed but Minimserver not at present. Why do I think it might be a Java issue - seem to recollect being a problem in the past biut perhaps not for this...

Paul
29-11-2018, 18:35
You would only get this message for MinimServer if something (either you or something else running on the NAS) is killing MinimServer. An error within MinimServer or Java would not produce this message. There might perhaps be other information log messages around the times of the forced kills that provide more clues.
02-12-2018, 18:37 (This post was last modified: 02-12-2018 18:37 by PSAS786.)
(29-11-2018 18:35)simoncn Wrote:  You would only get this message for MinimServer if something (either you or something else running on the NAS) is killing MinimServer. An error within MinimServer or Java would not produce this message. There might perhaps be other information log messages around the times of the forced kills that provide more clues.

Thanks. I guess this is watch this space - this seems to be following the law that the moment you seek assistance the issue goes away :-)