Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NAS advice re Minimstreamer - QNAP
22-11-2018, 19:46
NAS advice re Minimstreamer - QNAP
Simon,

Perhaps foolishly I will attempt to research, source and buy new QNAPs tomorrow but for obvious reasons would like to avoid any Minimserver conflicts/shortfalls. Is there any things to avoid or preferences from a Minimserver perspective today and going forward. I have only just realised I am running short of disk on my current servers and with it being Black friday it's worth the effort I suspect.

TBH I use the servers for fairly mundane purposes and - simple doc and photo storage and probably most importantly - music file serving etc using Minimserver. I know I almost messed up with Minimserver with my first purchase but thankfully and by fluke you were just about to release a version that covered the NAS I had bought.

It will be a QNAP and I have so far 'noticed' a good deal on TS-431P with 12TB or 16TB which Should more than cope. Ironwolf Guardian drives although I doubt that disk type is an issue for the music serving. It needn't be this server but just happens to be the one that triggered my question.

Any general advice always appreciated but the big thing I would appreciate clarity on are the Minimserver compliance/future etc. as I don't want to screw it up.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2018, 20:46
RE: NAS advice re Minimstreamer - QNAP
The answer to your question is simple. Smile All QNAP models are suitable for running MinimServer and are fully supported. Good luck with your bargain hunt!
22-11-2018, 21:10
RE: NAS advice re Minimstreamer - QNAP
(22-11-2018 20:46)simoncn Wrote:  The answer to your question is simple. Smile All QNAP models are suitable for running MinimServer and are fully supported. Good luck with your bargain hunt!

Thanks Simon - and good news as that removes one potential headache Smile

My head is spinning a little but I am slowly getting up to speed - ish. Should have enough time to find a bargain tomorrow. Thanks for the prompt response as ever.