Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie problem: adding a new index tag
02-11-2018, 19:54
Newbie problem: adding a new index tag
Hi, and sorry about the really newbie-question...i searched around without any luck!
i'm trying to add an index for a tag i insert in my flac
i added RELEASEDATE, in the tags of my music
i added this tag in the indextag, at the end, but, after restart and rescan, i can't see it in my player, after all the other ones
sorry...what's the problem?
sure i miss something...
thanks again
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2018, 08:57
RE: Newbie problem: adding a new index tag
Not sure why you aren't seeing it, but release date is a standard tag (I think it's called "Year") and will be indexed under Date anyway.
03-11-2018, 09:51
(03-11-2018 08:57)timster Wrote:  Not sure why you aren't seeing it, but release date is a standard tag (I think it's called "Year") and will be indexed under Date anyway.

thanks for reply!
i set two kind of "date":
ORIGINALDATE for the first release of an album (it may be the same as the second one)
RELEASEDATE for the release of eventually remaster in later years or anything like that
in this way i'd like to see something like my "new added" list, meaning this is not a part of MinimServer features, and i don't know when it will be implemented...and i really would like to have something like this, this is my intention, but maybe there are others possibilieties to do the same things added
thanks again
03-11-2018, 10:04
I have a similar tag "DateAdded" which I actually put in the Description tag.
Anyway I also have a FAVOURITES custom tag, which is in the IndexTags field and works fine, so I suggest your releasedate tag is either not there or the IndexTags field isn't right somehow. An extra comma perhaps? Have a look in the Log from MinimWatch.
03-11-2018, 11:26 (This post was last modified: 03-11-2018 11:28 by mik64.)
maybe i did something stupid, about tagging...
anyway, these are the screens from minimserver properties where i set a new tag, like yours, and from mp3tag, that i use for tagging, where you can see the tag i add
i try to narrow the number of albums, just two, but on the player (hi-fi cast on my mobile) i add no luck...no new tab for date added
sorry, and thanks for helping...do you see where i'm wrong?
and, by the way, how do you use FAVOURITES?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-11-2018, 08:17
Hard to tell from a screen shot. Turn verbose logging on, rescan, and then look in the log, see if you can see anything.

My favourites tag is just a flag. I set it for albums that stand out for me. Took a while to go through my old stuff but worth it - then I just have in indexTags "Favourites=1", and that creates a container with only those albums in. Of my collection, around 10% have the flag/tag set. The others don't even have the tag.
Just a quick way to pick something I know I love, even if it was years ago! Easy to forget otherwise. No doubt in 5 years time I'll otherwise forget my favourites of this year!
05-11-2018, 15:53
If the DATEADDED tag value is the same for all tracks in your browsing selection, you won't see DATEADDED in the tag index menu.