Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MinimWatch cannot detect MinimServer
09-10-2018, 16:15
MinimWatch cannot detect MinimServer
I'm having a problem: MinimWatch cannot detect MinimServer. MinimServer is running on the NAS fine, all the control points can see it and I can still play music. If I look in MinimWatch properties, the subnet is also set correctly. Everything is on an Orbi network with router address 10.0.0.1, so subnet should be 10.0.0.0 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0. I believe this is all set up correctly.

I’m not quite sure what’s happened, but one thing that might have prompted the problem is that I recently bought a new MacBook and used Migration Assistant to “clone” my desktop computer to it. Could this be causing the confusion somehow? I’ve deleted and reinstalled Minimwatch on both computers, but neither is able to detect MinimServer.

Do you have any other ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2018, 21:08
RE: MinimWatch cannot detect MinimServer
It sounds like the Mac firewall might be blocking inbound connections to MinimWatch. Please check your Mac firewall settings to see if MinimWatch is in the list of applications that are permitted to receive inbound connections.
10-10-2018, 15:06
RE: MinimWatch cannot detect MinimServer
(09-10-2018 21:08)simoncn Wrote:  It sounds like the Mac firewall might be blocking inbound connections to MinimWatch. Please check your Mac firewall settings to see if MinimWatch is in the list of applications that are permitted to receive inbound connections.

Thanks! Firewall was fine, but looks like something has gone funny with Little Snitch. Will have to play around with the settings, but it works when I disable the network filter there.