Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to sort tracks by Tracknumber, not by Title?
01-10-2018, 16:07 (This post was last modified: 01-10-2018 16:11 by Gijs Schubert.)
How to sort tracks by Tracknumber, not by Title?
Gents,
I'm using MS on Synology NAS to operate a Naim system. On the Naim app I make all kind of selections (on artist, genre, album etc), and once I display the individual tracks, I have opted to display not only the (track)title but also the tracknumber with a dot before the title and the album after the title separated by a /. I have done that as follows (and it works perfectly fine):

Tab Server: itemTags = Tracknumber
Tab Advanced: tagFormat = Title.displayFormat={$tracknumber^^. ^$title^^ / ^^$album}

The issue is that the sort order of the selected tracks is (still) displayed by (track)title, not by tracknumber.

How can MS sort my selections by tracknumber, not by title? I have tried all kind of strings in tagOptions but only red response....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2018, 17:23
RE: How to sort tracks by Tracknumber, not by Title?
As MS is the common abbreviation for a large software company not associated with MinimServer, I would appreciate it if you didn't use it to refer to MinimServer. Many thanks.

The Naim app has an A-Z setting which overrides the sort order sent by MinimServer. Do you have this enabled?
01-10-2018, 17:36
Thumbs Up RE: How to sort tracks by Tracknumber, not by Title?
Simon,
My apologies, I understand the potential confusion and sensitivity.

That's it! Once you made the selection, the A-Z button in the top right of the Naim app allows you to sort either by title or by tracknumber. So easy.... You even help me to operate the Naim app. Wink