Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you running MinimServer on a Synology x86 NAS?
12-03-2013, 11:03
Are you running MinimServer on a Synology x86 NAS?
I've had reports of a problem with MinimServer running on a Synology x86 NAS. Sometimes a track won't play when it's started. The same track will play OK at other times.

I'd be grateful for any feedback on this from people running MinimServer on a Synology x86 NAS. Have you seen any problems like this? If everything is working OK for you, that would be useful feedback as well.

Many thanks!

Simon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2013, 12:36
RE: Are you running MinimServer on a Synology x86 NAS?
Simon,

i've installed Minimserver on a DS710+. According to the Synology site, it has an Intel Atom D410 x86 processor. So far i didn't encounter any problems. I'm using eLyric app as the control point.

Greetings, Wybe
12-03-2013, 13:52 (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 13:53 by advr.)
Hi, I installed Minimserver at a 412+ and have also problems playing tracks which suddenly stops... When I select another track no problem also when I am going back to the track which stops...
Playing with Linn streamer and BubbleDS, Kinksky at notebook, Galaxy S3 en Asus Trinity tablet. At all platforms the problem appears.

Greetings,
Ad.
12-03-2013, 13:59
(12-03-2013 13:52)advr Wrote:  Hi, I installed Minimserver at a 412+ and have also problems playing tracks which suddenly stops... When I select another track no problem also when I am going back to the track which stops...
Playing with Linn streamer and BubbleDS, Kinksky at notebook, Galaxy S3 en Asus Trinity tablet. At all platforms the problem appears.

Greetings,
Ad.

Thanks for this useful information.

Does the track start playing and then stop, or does it stop without starting to play? What exactly do you see or hear when it stops?
13-03-2013, 15:44
(12-03-2013 13:59)simoncn Wrote:  
(12-03-2013 13:52)advr Wrote:  Hi, I installed Minimserver at a 412+ and have also problems playing tracks which suddenly stops... When I select another track no problem also when I am going back to the track which stops...

Greetings,
Ad.

Thanks for this useful information.

Does the track start playing and then stop, or does it stop without starting to play? What exactly do you see or hear when it stops?

it stops when playing.
16-03-2013, 14:48
Until now, DS412+ with DSM 4.2 and latest Minimserver, no problem at all. Working superb.:-)
Upgrade went smooth.
16-03-2013, 14:55 (This post was last modified: 16-03-2013 14:56 by Oroperplex.)
(16-03-2013 14:48)advr Wrote:  Until now, DS412+ with DSM 4.2 and latest Minimserver, no problem at all. Working superb.:-)
Upgrade went smooth.

also with my DS 213+, DSM 4.2 and latest deep sleep patch. MinminServer since first installation works properly no issues