Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Here and Need Help.
18-04-2019, 22:41
RE: New Here and Need Help.
These settings look fine. Because the title of this thread doesn't relate to this problem, I have started a new thread with an appropriate title in the hope that other HEOS users will be able to provide some information. The new thread is here.

Can you try some other control point such as mconnect or BubbleUPnP to see whether your genres are displayed there?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2019, 18:49
(18-04-2019 22:41)simoncn Wrote:  These settings look fine. Because the title of this thread doesn't relate to this problem, I have started a new thread with an appropriate title in the hope that other HEOS users will be able to provide some information. The new thread is here.

Can you try some other control point such as mconnect or BubbleUPnP to see whether your genres are displayed there?

I thank you for your time and effort in helping me with the Heos control point.
I couldn’t try the specific control points that you have suggested because they are no available on IOS, but I downloaded another app from the App Store that was able to read all the metadata correctly and including sorting by genre and so forth. The UI isn’t nearly as polished as the Heos app but it gets the job done. Thanks
22-04-2019, 21:17
Thanks for confirming that MinimServer is sending genre information correctly. It seems there is some issue with this on the HEOS side. mconnect is available from the iOS App Store (type 'mconnect' into Search).
30-04-2019, 12:05
Sorry I slipped into the fog, (that happens) I do have the app working and it also works with my Yamaha receiver . Not seeing any real big differences from the cambridge connect app, or that of what the Yamaha already does?? Maybe I have to play with it more, but in that recent fog I slipped into I also decided to venture off onto ordering another Preamp/Dac streaming unit as I want rais the bar on quality sound when listening to my files. This new unit looks like it comes with some learning curves and once I get it here (tomorrow or Thursday) I will be working to see if it is going to replace my Cambridge 851N or not? Then I will see if the MinimServer works with it too? The unit is referred to as an end-point so I am hoping I can make this all work. Thanks for all the help so far and I will update when I get this new player.