Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Path Missing In Logged Warning
18-09-2018, 06:46
Path Missing In Logged Warning
Hi

Almost finished correcting my tags but now coming across log messages like this one below :

Warning: sort value conflict for DateTag filter 1980
first conflicting value is '1980/1988' in item 'Being Boiled'
second conflicting value is '1980' in item 'Being Boiled'

Easy to correct once I find the file in question but just wondering why the full filepath is missing?

DDJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2018, 20:05
RE: Path Missing In Logged Warning
The file path isn't readily available at the point where the message is produced. It might be possible to reconstruct it but this isn't a simple change. I will look into this when I get an opportunity. Thanks for the suggestion,
19-09-2018, 05:36 (This post was last modified: 19-09-2018 07:26 by ddjksa.)
(18-09-2018 20:05)simoncn Wrote:  The file path isn't readily available at the point where the message is produced. It might be possible to reconstruct it but this isn't a simple change. I will look into this when I get an opportunity. Thanks for the suggestion,

Don't worry Simon, it's not a biggie, just a curiosity. The stranger thing is that they don't appear in the log after a full rescan, only when the server has been running a while. The same messages are also repeated 4 times! I fixed them all yesterday, did a full rescan (nothing in log) and when I checked the log a few hours later a different set of similar warnings appeared, again repeated 4 times! To be perfectly honest I don't really understand the reason for these warnings at all as they appear to comparing 2 different files each time (admittedly not a great example above but the messages refer to different filenames in different albums ie. no conflict) and when I check the album with the errant year tag, quite often all the other tracks in the same album have the same errant year but are NOT flagged up in the log.

Keeps me busy anyway ! Smile

DDJ
20-09-2018, 11:18
To explain what is happening, I would need to know a bit more about the tagging error that causes the conflict message to appear. In the example you posted, MinimServer has found two DateTag values for an item 'Being Boiled', one with an indexValue of 1980 and a sort value of 1980/1988 and the other with an index value of 1980 and a sort value of 1980. What was the error in your tags that caused this?
20-09-2018, 14:53
(20-09-2018 11:18)simoncn Wrote:  To explain what is happening, I would need to know a bit more about the tagging error that causes the conflict message to appear. In the example you posted, MinimServer has found two DateTag values for an item 'Being Boiled', one with an indexValue of 1980 and a sort value of 1980/1988 and the other with an index value of 1980 and a sort value of 1980. What was the error in your tags that caused this?

Thanks Simon

As I say, the example above wasn't great...here's a couple more that I came home today to after Minim had done a full rescan (nothing in the log) and was running while I was at work:

Warning: sort value conflict for DateTag filter 2008
first conflicting value is '2008-00-00' in item '(I've Got A Gal In) Kalamazoo'
second conflicting value is '2008' in item '(I've Had) The Time Of My Life'

Warning: sort value conflict for DateTag filter 2007
first conflicting value is '2007-00-00' in item '(What D'Ya Give) The Man Who's Gotten Everything'
second conflicting value is '2007' in item '(Who) Keeps Changing Your Mind (Sure Is Pure Mix)'

If we take the first example..."(I've Got A Gal In) Kalamazoo" is in the Glenn Miller folder and admittedly it does have an errant year tag of 2008-00-00 as do all files in the folder (but only this one is flagged up). I have many versions of "(I've Had) The Time Of My Life" and without the path it is difficult to narrow down the problem file (if there is one) but what I can say is that no version is in the Glenn Miller folder so exactly why it's "conflicting" I have no idea (different artist, filename and folder). What I have been doing the past few days is correcting the errant year tag (in this example set the year tag to 2008) and this fixes the problem.

I have attached the full log of warnings since I deleted the cache and rescanned my music last night. There were no warnings in the log after the rescan, Minim was running and the icon was green. You'll notice as well that the warnings are repeated 3 times!

Hope you can make sense of my ramble and, more importantly, figure out what's going on!

DDJ

Attached File(s)
.txt  Minim Warnings.txt (Size: 7.13 KB / Downloads: 2)
20-09-2018, 14:58
Thanks for this very comprehensive response.

Do you by any chance have the "decade" or "yearOnly" option enabled?
20-09-2018, 15:29 (This post was last modified: 20-09-2018 15:34 by ddjksa.)
(20-09-2018 14:58)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this very comprehensive response.

Do you by any chance have the "decade" or "yearOnly" option enabled?

Thanks Simon

No problem...just hate giving you more headaches.

I do have the "yearOnly" option enabled (configuration picture attached) in order to mute date truncation warnings which we chatted about in an earlier post.

DDJ

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

20-09-2018, 15:52
You need to change this setting to DateTag.yearOnly.index.sort. This will remove the conflict messages you have been getting.

The yearOnly option doesn't affect date truncation warnings. It causes MinimServer to disregard everything beyond the year portion for indexing and/or sorting purposes. The workaround that I suggested for for date truncation warnings was to change Date to DateTag.

If you are enabling yearOnly for index and not for sort, this can produce an index value 2008 with two conflicting sort values:

2008 (from a tag with value 2008)
2008-00-00 (from a tag with value 2008-00-00, indexed as 2008)

By enabling yearOnly for sort as well as index, the sort value in the second case becomes 2008 and there is no conflict.

This conflict is detected only when you browse to a container that contains an entry with an index value of 2008. This is why you don't see it as part of the initial scan.
20-09-2018, 18:18
(20-09-2018 15:52)simoncn Wrote:  You need to change this setting to DateTag.yearOnly.index.sort. This will remove the conflict messages you have been getting.

The yearOnly option doesn't affect date truncation warnings. It causes MinimServer to disregard everything beyond the year portion for indexing and/or sorting purposes. The workaround that I suggested for for date truncation warnings was to change Date to DateTag.

If you are enabling yearOnly for index and not for sort, this can produce an index value 2008 with two conflicting sort values:

2008 (from a tag with value 2008)
2008-00-00 (from a tag with value 2008-00-00, indexed as 2008)

By enabling yearOnly for sort as well as index, the sort value in the second case becomes 2008 and there is no conflict.

This conflict is detected only when you browse to a container that contains an entry with an index value of 2008. This is why you don't see it as part of the initial scan.

Thanks Simon. I'll try that and feedback. Were you able to figure out why the messages are repeated 3 times?
20-09-2018, 19:34
You would get these messages each time you browse a container containing items with conflicting tags.