Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playlist (m3u) empty - Scan-error - No matching file
13-09-2018, 06:34
RE: Playlist (m3u) empty - Scan-error - No matching file
@ischowam - how did/do you create your m3us? I use Playlist Creator (for PCs). It's very good and will highlight any mismatches when you load one in. It will also create the correct file paths, assuming you have network drives to your NAS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2018, 12:19
Hello timster

I use "MusicBee" on Windows.
Also for organizing my music.

MusicBee also shows obsolete entries/paths and you can easily update them and chose the correct path to the music file with some mouse clicks.

But as windows is not critical about case sensitiv (as I learned) there had been no warnings in MusicBee and the playlists. Additionaly the playlists worked fine, when calling them up from my windows PC (via network; playllists and music files saved on NAS) .
That's why I did not understand the issue at first.

Georg
15-10-2018, 08:04
Hi,

I've just fixed a similar sort of error, but I don't know what causes it.

I run MinimServer on a Windows server with 2008R2 and my other machines are Windows 10 laptops. I ripped my Queen Greatest Hits CD, and when I put it into a playlist in Playlist Creator I got the 'File does not exist' error on just one track out of 17, although the file exists and Winamp and MPC play it happily. MinimServer also faults on that track when it scans the playlist.

The offending file is "Queen - Greatest Hits - 12 - Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy.flac"

The fix was to rplace the hyphen in Old-Fashioned with a space. But why?

Cheers,
Colin
15-10-2018, 09:34 (This post was last modified: 15-10-2018 09:35 by simoncn.)
It is probably not a "normal" hyphen but some Unicode character that looks like a hyphen. If you can restore things to replicate the problem, try renaming the playlist file to .m3u8 instead of .m3u. The .m3u8 extension tells MinimServer to use Unicode encoding (UTF-8) when reading the playlist file.
15-10-2018, 10:48
(15-10-2018 09:34)simoncn Wrote:  It is probably not a "normal" hyphen but some Unicode character that looks like a hyphen. If you can restore things to replicate the problem, try renaming the playlist file to .m3u8 instead of .m3u. The .m3u8 extension tells MinimServer to use Unicode encoding (UTF-8) when reading the playlist file.

Hi Simon,
Thanks for the quick response. I had thought of that last night, so I'd put the hyphen back and got the faults again, but maybe I'd missed something. I just tried again with the hyphen and it's fine.

I also just tried the .m3u8 but that caused even more trouble! MinimServer objected to a whole load of files with accented characters and single quotes as apostrophes.

Thanks for a great program and the support!

Colin
15-10-2018, 11:03
As .m3u8 produces errors, your charset is probably Windows-1252 (similar to ISO8859-1). Codepoint 0x96 (en-dash) looks very similar to codepoint 0x2d (hyphen) and this is very likely to be the cause of the problem.