Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Qnap and naim app
08-09-2018, 14:26
Qnap and naim app
I installed Minimserver on a new Qnap HS251+ and I copied about 30,000 tracks to it, finishing yesterday morning.
In the Naim app I can see 3 icons, one called 29711 items, one called 3 playlists, and one called [folder view].
In the properties in Minimwatch I have set up indexTags as Artist,Date,Genre,All Artists,Composer,Orchestra,#AudioQuality,#AudioData. In tagOptions I have Album.sortTags={album,artist}.
My question is why can I not see all the other Icons which should be there (Date, Genre etc.). Could it be that it is still indexing, and that they will turn up eventually? Is there any way I can see what is going on?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2018, 07:34
RE: Qnap and naim app
First off - I'd change your name to be something other than your email address. You could get yourself a whole load of spam.
You should also a <num> albums icon, so it could be Minim is still scanning, but over a day sounds much too long.
If you open the Log in MinimWatch ("See Log") it should tell you what's up. I think the last line should say "Minimserver is running" only once it has finished scanning. You can look and see if there are any errors further up.
09-09-2018, 09:12
(09-09-2018 07:34)timster Wrote:  First off - I'd change your name to be something other than your email address. You could get yourself a whole load of spam.
You should also a <num> albums icon, so it could be Minim is still scanning, but over a day sounds much too long.
If you open the Log in MinimWatch ("See Log") it should tell you what's up. I think the last line should say "Minimserver is running" only once it has finished scanning. You can look and see if there are any errors further up.

Thanks Timster. I think my problem may have been to do with permissions in the folder containing my music.
As to changing my Username, I haven't been able to find a way. Maybe I have to delete myself from the user database and start again?
09-09-2018, 09:19
(09-09-2018 09:12)david.ohiggins@gmail.com Wrote:  
(09-09-2018 07:34)timster Wrote:  First off - I'd change your name to be something other than your email address. You could get yourself a whole load of spam.

Thanks Timster. I think my problem may have been to do with permissions in the folder containing my music.
As to changing my Username, I haven't been able to find a way. Maybe I have to delete myself from the user database and start again?

Ah, that would do it!
It seems Simon has disabled the "change username" option in the user control panel.
I'd delete and re-add yourself Wink
10-09-2018, 21:48
I haven't done anything to disable "change username". I believe it is disabled by default unless the forum administrator specifically enables it.

If any user wants to change their username, they can use the Contact Us link at the bottom of each forum page to request this change.