Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tag Conflicts
01-09-2018, 13:45
RE: Tag Conflicts
(31-08-2018 15:18)simoncn Wrote:  To clarify the cause of the problem, it is not about multiple values for the same field. It is about multiple ID3v2 tags in the file. In ID3v2, the "tag" is a complete block of tagged information, not a single value such as an album name or a date.

If you try the Mp3 Diags program, the tags (in the above sense) are shown as columns and the values within the tags (ID3v2 frames) are shown as rows. To delete the additional ID3v2 tag that is causing the problem, use the leftmost "hammer" at the top (with no number) and select 'Remove multiple ID3 streams".

Thanks again Simon...my project for the next week!Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2018, 20:46 (This post was last modified: 01-09-2018 20:47 by paultaylor.)
(31-08-2018 11:09)simoncn Wrote:  @paultaylor: How does Jaikoz handle multiple ID3v2.3 tags?
Simon, both Jaikoz and SongKong would read the first ID3v2 tag found and
ignore any other ID3v2 tags.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2018, 21:40 (This post was last modified: 01-09-2018 21:50 by simoncn.)
Taking everything into consideration (and to the best extent of my current knowledge), I think MinimServer should read only the first ID3v2 tag at the start of an MP3 file and should ignore (with a warning) any additional ID3v2 tags that immediately follow this tag and precede the audio data.

This change would mean that you won't get conflict messages for your "rogue" files but you will get a warning about the additional ID3v2 tag being ignored. To remove this warning, you would need to fix the file using MP3 Diags.

If anyone is aware of any problems that could result from making this change to MinimServer, please let me know.
02-09-2018, 05:58
(01-09-2018 21:40)simoncn Wrote:  Taking everything into consideration (and to the best extent of my current knowledge), I think MinimServer should read only the first ID3v2 tag at the start of an MP3 file and should ignore (with a warning) any additional ID3v2 tags that immediately follow this tag and precede the audio data.

This change would mean that you won't get conflict messages for your "rogue" files but you will get a warning about the additional ID3v2 tag being ignored. To remove this warning, you would need to fix the file using MP3 Diags.

If anyone is aware of any problems that could result from making this change to MinimServer, please let me know.

Thanks Simon...apologies if it's generating any additional work for you, that was certainly not my intention. Would it be less work to provide a few additional options in the drop-down log menu for perhaps not reporting certain types of warnings eg. TAG conflicts, image offset errors (?) etc. They could still be collected, just not displayed in the log file unless the user specifically toggles it on.

Regards

DDJSmile
02-09-2018, 08:21
Wow....was getting very confused there. Used MP3Diags to strip all other ID3 tag streams (including ID3V1) and restarted Minim each time only to get the same errors repeated. Decided to do a rescan (as opposed to restart) and no more warnings in the log file. Just thought people might want to know this (maybe they already do). Why does a restart show the same warnings but a rescan doesn't (assume it's something to do with a restart using some sort of cache whereas a rescan clears the cache and starts anew)?

DDJ
02-09-2018, 09:28
For any changes to your files, a rescan is needed. A restart doesn't read the files again but uses cached information from the last rescan.
02-09-2018, 09:50
(02-09-2018 09:28)simoncn Wrote:  For any changes to your files, a rescan is needed. A restart doesn't read the files again but uses cached information from the last rescan.

Thanks Simon...that's what I thought Smile