Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
download issues
05-04-2013, 02:14
download issues
as a new member and one who has not yet downloaded the program i have a question before trying it. i currently run ps audio's EMM through their PWD MKII and their 'bridge. i play my music through their 'elyric' ipad app. if i download the minum server is that going to affect the EMM.?..i would like to be able to download MM and compare it to the EMM program..also..can i use my ipad 'elyric' app with the MM program..?..as additional information i use an Apple imac with 'Mountain Lion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 07:29
RE: download issues
(05-04-2013 02:14)calloway Wrote:  as a new member and one who has not yet downloaded the program i have a question before trying it. i currently run ps audio's EMM through their PWD MKII and their 'bridge. i play my music through their 'elyric' ipad app. if i download the minum server is that going to affect the EMM.?..i would like to be able to download MM and compare it to the EMM program..also..can i use my ipad 'elyric' app with the MM program..?..as additional information i use an Apple imac with 'Mountain Lion.

You can use eLyric with MinimServer, and this won't affect your ability to use eLyric with EMM.

I suggest you wait for the next release of MinimServer (due out on on Monday 8th April) before trying this, as the next release contains some changes to solve problems people have had when using MinimServer with the PWD and Bridge.
05-04-2013, 11:58
simoncn...thanks for the info. i will wait for the 8th to download...as i am not a computer literate individual...is there anything special i will need to do after initiating the download...?..
(05-04-2013 07:29)simoncn Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 02:14)calloway Wrote:  as a new member and one who has not yet downloaded the program i have a question before trying it. i currently run ps audio's EMM through their PWD MKII and their 'bridge. i play my music through their 'elyric' ipad app. if i download the minum server is that going to affect the EMM.?..i would like to be able to download MM and compare it to the EMM program..also..can i use my ipad 'elyric' app with the MM program..?..as additional information i use an Apple imac with 'Mountain Lion.

You can use eLyric with MinimServer, and this won't affect your ability to use eLyric with EMM.

I suggest you wait for the next release of MinimServer (due out on on Monday 8th April) before trying this, as the next release contains some changes to solve problems people have had when using MinimServer with the PWD and Bridge.
05-04-2013, 13:37 (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 13:38 by simoncn.)
(05-04-2013 11:58)calloway Wrote:  simoncn...thanks for the info. i will wait for the 8th to download...as i am not a computer literate individual...is there anything special i will need to do after initiating the download...?..

There are full instructions on this page. If you have any problems, please post back here.

I'll post an announcement on the forum when the new release is available. Please wait for this announcement before initiating the download.
05-04-2013, 21:44
question..does MinimServer allow one to create playlists and / or queues..?
(05-04-2013 13:37)simoncn Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 11:58)calloway Wrote:  simoncn...thanks for the info. i will wait for the 8th to download...as i am not a computer literate individual...is there anything special i will need to do after initiating the download...?..

There are full instructions on this page. If you have any problems, please post back here.

I'll post an announcement on the forum when the new release is available. Please wait for this announcement before initiating the download.
05-04-2013, 22:37
(05-04-2013 21:44)calloway Wrote:  question..does MinimServer allow one to create playlists and / or queues..?

The next release will allow you to create and store .m3u playlists on the server. Most control points provide a way to create and save local playlists. If I understand the reference to 'queues' correctly, this is an optional feature of the renderer. Can you give a bit more detail about what you have in mind?
05-04-2013, 22:48
(05-04-2013 21:44)calloway Wrote:  question..does MinimServer allow one to create playlists and / or queues..?

I use the eLyric iPad controller with MinimServer and the queue function works just fine (well, I've never tried saving, but everything else works as advertised -- adding to, jumping ahead in, replacing contents of the queue, etc.).

David
06-04-2013, 01:38
David...thanks a lot..that is good to know..i will download it monday night..
(05-04-2013 22:48)magister Wrote:  

I use the eLyric iPad controller with MinimServer and the queue function works just fine (well, I've never tried saving, but everything else works as advertised -- adding to, jumping ahead in, replacing contents of the queue, etc.).

David