Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature Request: Different transcoding for different renderers?
11-03-2013, 20:09
Feature Request: Different transcoding for different renderers?
Would it be possible to tell MinimServer what renderers I have in the house, and set it to use different transcode settings for different devices? WAV24 for my Linn, for example, and WAV16 to other devices?

Jim.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2013, 20:37
RE: Feature Request: Different transcoding for different renderers?
(11-03-2013 20:09)JimR Wrote:  Would it be possible to tell MinimServer what renderers I have in the house, and set it to use different transcode settings for different devices? WAV24 for my Linn, for example, and WAV16 to other devices?

Jim.

It would be possible for MinimServer to support this by providing multiple resource URLs in the browsing information that it sends to the control point. The UPnP protocol allows this, but MinimServer doesn't currently support it. The control point and renderer would need to collaborate using the UPnP protocol so that the renderer selects its preferred resolution from the resource URLs that MinimServer is offering.

You would control this by specifying multiple settings in the transcode property. For example, specifying 'wav24, wav16' would cause MinimServer to send a wav24 URL as the preferred resolution and also send an additional wav16 URL as a fallback to be used by any devices that can't handle wav24. MinimServer wouldn't know anything about the renderers on your network.

I'll add this to the "wish list" for a future release.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply