Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PC Playback
04-08-2018, 10:07
PC Playback
Hi
Sorry for what is likely a daft question. I have been using MinimServer for about a year now very successfully with my Cambridge Audio CXN and using my iPad with Cambridge Connect.

I am looking for a straightforward player to use on a Windows 10 PC to listen at my desk. The built in Windows Media Player works but is pretty awful for browsing a mainly classical music collection.

Can anyone recommend a simple player that will allow me to view my collection by Composer, Artist etc?

Thanks
Richard
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2018, 15:15
RE: PC Playback
(04-08-2018 10:07)rmcbarnet Wrote:  Hi
Sorry for what is likely a daft question. I have been using MinimServer for about a year now very successfully with my Cambridge Audio CXN and using my iPad with Cambridge Connect.

I am looking for a straightforward player to use on a Windows 10 PC to listen at my desk. The built in Windows Media Player works but is pretty awful for browsing a mainly classical music collection.

Can anyone recommend a simple player that will allow me to view my collection by Composer, Artist etc?

Thanks
Richard

You could install the windows version of the openhomeplayer, available freely on openhome.org. It runs an openhome renderer on your PC, which you can control using an openhome control point like BubbleUPnP.
04-08-2018, 17:23
RE: PC Playback
(04-08-2018 15:15)Andre Gosselin Wrote:  
(04-08-2018 10:07)rmcbarnet Wrote:  Hi

Thanks
Richard

You could install the windows version of the openhomeplayer, available freely on openhome.org. It runs an openhome renderer on your PC, which you can control using an openhome control point like BubbleUPnP.

If you dont want to go the “openhome way“ you might trie intalling XBMC.
I have been using this program for several years, works perfect If you dont want to use a separate control point.