Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WriteAllTags
28-07-2018, 18:54
WriteAllTags
I'm sure this must be very easy but I'm unclear on how to use the WriteAllTags facility. In particular where does MinimServer write the nominated file name file to and what format is it in when it does so. If anyone can point me in the right direction I should be very grateful.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2018, 07:35
RE: WriteAllTags
Which platform (Windows, Mac, Linux, QNAP, Synology, etc.) are you using to run MinimServer?
29-07-2018, 14:06
(29-07-2018 07:35)simoncn Wrote:  Which platform (Windows, Mac, Linux, QNAP, Synology, etc.) are you using to run MinimServer?
Simon, MinimServer is running on a Synology DS216 2-bay NAS. Minim Watch is running on a 64 bit PC running Windows 10 Home Version 1803.
29-07-2018, 16:50 (This post was last modified: 29-07-2018 16:51 by simoncn.)
On this machine, the "all tags" file is written to the MinimServer/appData folder. It is a plain text file with entries of the form tagname=tagvalue.
30-07-2018, 16:54
(29-07-2018 16:50)simoncn Wrote:  On this machine, the "all tags" file is written to the MinimServer/appData folder. It is a plain text file with entries of the form tagname=tagvalue.
OK got it thanks. Unfortunately the resultant file does not show the relationship between album and artist as I had hoped. My mistake. What essentially I was hoping to do was get a listing that showed the Artist and then the associated Album(s) much as I have my music folder organised. Is there an easy way to do this by any chance?
I'm trying to make sure that when I go scouring charity shops for CDs (a rich vein) I don't end up buying a CD I already have and an alpha numeric list as above would come in very handy!
30-07-2018, 17:11
MinimServer doesn't have a way to print out this information. You can see it easily by browsing your library but it isn't very practical to do this while you are in a charity shop. You might find something like this in your favourite tagging program.
30-07-2018, 23:36
(30-07-2018 17:11)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer doesn't have a way to print out this information. You can see it easily by browsing your library but it isn't very practical to do this while you are in a charity shop. You might find something like this in your favourite tagging program.
Thank you Simon. At least I'm not missing anything obvious. I'll have a look to see if MusicBrainz can help in some way. Thanks for your help and patience!
02-08-2018, 08:47 (This post was last modified: 02-08-2018 08:48 by paultaylor.)
(30-07-2018 23:36)MartinW Wrote:  Thank you Simon. At least I'm not missing anything obvious. I'll have a look to see if MusicBrainz can help in some way. Thanks for your help and patience!
Hi Martin, you could try my own SongKong Lite, the Status Report task can be run for free and will create a spreadsheet showing all your existing metadata.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2018, 16:29
(02-08-2018 08:47)paultaylor Wrote:  
(30-07-2018 23:36)MartinW Wrote:  Thank you Simon. At least I'm not missing anything obvious. I'll have a look to see if MusicBrainz can help in some way. Thanks for your help and patience!
Hi Martin, you could try my own SongKong Lite, the Status Report task can be run for free and will create a spreadsheet showing all your existing metadata.
Thank you Paul. For some reason the Windows 64 bit version kept eliciting Error: Unable to access jarfile so I eventually opted for the 32 bit version which loaded fine and gave me the metadata I needed in a format that I could manipulate in a spread-sheet. When I feel adventurous enough I will investigate using some of the metadata tools within the app. especially for classical music.
04-08-2018, 09:15
(03-08-2018 16:29)MartinW Wrote:  Thank you Paul. For some reason the Windows 64 bit version kept eliciting Error: Unable to access jarfile
Thanks for letting me know Martin, I have had a couple of customers recently with same issue but haven't yet been able to track it down as I have no such issue, maybe something has changed on Windows.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user