Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Newbie Issue ...
14-07-2018, 19:13 (This post was last modified: 14-07-2018 19:14 by HankyPanky.)
Real Newbie Issue ...
Hi,

I installed MinimServer on a Windows 10 computer, properly pointed the Content Directory to where my FLAC files are located, and started it up. I'm trying to access the content from by OPPO BDP-93, from which I am able to see it and select "MinimServer." The problem is, there is absolutely to content available. When I access the MinimServer from the OPPO, all I get is an icon that says "[folder view]" that's completely empty.

I know I must be missing something pretty basic here. Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2018, 21:16
RE: Real Newbie Issue ...
This means your content directory setting is a valid folder that doesn't contain any audio files.
15-07-2018, 06:35
(14-07-2018 21:16)simoncn Wrote:  This means your content directory setting is a valid folder that doesn't contain any audio files.

Thanks - really appreciate your help, but I cannot seem to get this to work, although I seem to have made some progress.

First, there are definitely audio files in the valid folder that the content directory is set to. It's my main (only) digital music folder called "FLAC Audio Files." I can see the files in this folder on my computer and play them over my network from this location using other music server software. So the files are definitely there. The "FLAC Audio Files" folder is organized very simply with a folder for each artist, and a sub-folder for each album, like this:

FLAC Audio Files
-Allman Brothers
--Brothers and Sisters
--Eat a Peach
-Beatles
--Abbey Road
--Let It Be
-Beck
--Guero
--Odelay

Etc.

In addition to pointing the content directory to the "FLAC Audio Files" folder, I added another path to the "Beck" subfolder as a test. Now, on my OPPO BDP under the MinimServer, I am able to see:

[folder view]
-Beck
-->>tag view
-->>hide contents
-->>Beck
-FLAC Audio Files
-->>tag view
-->>hide contents
-->>FLAC Audio Files

But there are absolutely no audio files anywhere. All the folders are empty.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?
15-07-2018, 13:02
(15-07-2018 06:35)HankyPanky Wrote:  
(14-07-2018 21:16)simoncn Wrote:  This means your content directory setting is a valid folder that doesn't contain any audio files.

Thanks - really appreciate your help, but I cannot seem to get this to work, although I seem to have made some progress.

First, there are definitely audio files in the valid folder that the content directory is set to. It's my main (only) digital music folder called "FLAC Audio Files." I can see the files in this folder on my computer and play them over my network from this location using other music server software. So the files are definitely there. The "FLAC Audio Files" folder is organized very simply with a folder for each artist, and a sub-folder for each album, like this:

FLAC Audio Files
-Allman Brothers
--Brothers and Sisters
--Eat a Peach
-Beatles
--Abbey Road
--Let It Be
-Beck
--Guero
--Odelay

Etc.

In addition to pointing the content directory to the "FLAC Audio Files" folder, I added another path to the "Beck" subfolder as a test. Now, on my OPPO BDP under the MinimServer, I am able to see:

[folder view]
-Beck
-->>tag view
-->>hide contents
-->>Beck
-FLAC Audio Files
-->>tag view
-->>hide contents
-->>FLAC Audio Files

But there are absolutely no audio files anywhere. All the folders are empty.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Is it possibly a limitation of the Oppo BDP93?
If I recall correctly, there were several firmware updates to resolve specific network related issues. Is your player firmware upto date?

This Oppo WIKI may be useful.
15-07-2018, 17:09
To eliminate the possibility of an issue with the OPPO player, you can try using another control point such as BubbleUPnP or mconnect to view your library.

Some other possibilities: Are there errors in the MinimServer log? Are your folders or files marked as "hidden" by Windows?

To check whether MinimServer is scanning your audio files, you can set the logging level to Debug in the MinimServer log window and do a rescan.