Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Start not working Debian 9 / xfce
15-07-2018, 03:57 (This post was last modified: 15-07-2018 04:10 by brett.)
Auto Start not working Debian 9 / xfce
Full disclosure- I barely know Linux. That said, I did an install using Debian 9 with xfce on a low end Intel Celeron NUC with a 2 TB SSD to function as a music server to replace a Vortexbox install (selling all of my Squeezeboxes). Everything works great except minimserver doesn’t restart when I restart the computer. Once manually started, minimserver works great. So, where do I start in order to fix this? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2018, 16:59
RE: Auto Start not working Debian 9 / xfce
You can configure automatic startup by using the minimserver/bin/setup command (see paragraph 14 in this section).

For this to work, you should install MinimServer as a regular user (not as root or using sudo) and you should run minimserver/bin/setup as a regular user (not as root or using sudo).
17-07-2018, 03:55
Yup, that was my rookie mistake (not installing as user). Working fine now. Great software.

Next, how do I show “Year” instead of date? I ‘m certain that has been covered somewhere in the forum (I have “Decade“ set up already).

Thanks!
17-07-2018, 10:04
(17-07-2018 03:55)brett Wrote:  Yup, that was my rookie mistake (not installing as user). Working fine now. Great software.

Next, how do I show “Year” instead of date? I ‘m certain that has been covered somewhere in the forum (I have “Decade“ set up already).

Thanks!

Would the YearOnly tag option be useful? See Tag Options for more detail.