Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Control Apps
05-07-2018, 14:25
RE: Control Apps
(04-07-2018 20:46)simoncn Wrote:  xx

Thanks again for all your help. I have one more question, I thinkā€¦ I appear to have hit another niggle. Using "AlbumArtist.value.sort={ArtistSort}" is fine for getting surnames/first names in order, but I can't seem to apply the "A/The" filters to it.

*"AlbumArtist.value.sort={ArtistSort.custom}" is not allowed
*Adding "AlbumArtist.ignore.*={The, A}" to tag options doesn't seem to do anything

Having tried this, I even cleared the "Album Artist" tag for a couple of genres (or believed I did) and rescannedā€¦ but to no effect. Shouldn't this mean that only "Artist" and "SortArtist" are read and used for classification? So shouldn't the tag option "ArtistSort.ignore.*={The, A}" be working in my list orders now?

Is it possible the tags have not actually been cleared from the music files?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2018, 12:06
It isn't possible for the value option of tagValue to use a customized value from tagOptions. The value option always uses the originally tagged value. The default, merge and replace options support the .custom suffix to use a customized value.

This shouldn't be a problem for ArtistSort because the ArtistSort tag is intended to contain the exact value to be used when sorting. For example, if you want 'The Beatles' sorted as 'Beatles, The', the ArtistSort tag should contain 'Beatles, The', not 'The Beatles'.
11-07-2018, 16:32
(07-07-2018 12:06)simoncn Wrote:  It isn't possible for the value option of tagValue to use a customized value from tagOptions. The value option always uses the originally tagged value. The default, merge and replace options support the .custom suffix to use a customized value.

This shouldn't be a problem for ArtistSort because the ArtistSort tag is intended to contain the exact value to be used when sorting. For example, if you want 'The Beatles' sorted as 'Beatles, The', the ArtistSort tag should contain 'Beatles, The', not 'The Beatles'.

Yes, I realize this now. I'm used to iTunes taking care of modifying the ArtistSort tags for me. I'll just manually alter them all and everything will be perfect.

Thanks again for all your help.