Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with moon mind controller Version 1.4.0
08-07-2018, 18:37
RE: Problem with moon mind controller Version 1.4.0
Glad I found this thread - been tearing my hair out with this. minimserver on a Raspberry Pi (my only media library) disappeared after I updated the app the other night. There was another update today but still no minimserver. I assume same for everyone else?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2018, 20:46
(08-07-2018 18:37)skipidooda Wrote:  Glad I found this thread - been tearing my hair out with this. minimserver on a Raspberry Pi (my only media library) disappeared after I updated the app the other night. There was another update today but still no minimserver. I assume same for everyone else?
The Mind app was updated a second time on July 6, for both IOS and Android versions. On IOS, minimserver is still not seen, so no change. On Android, the minimserver library can be browsed, but nothing can be queued for playback. Disappointing.

Could someone using the Android version confirm my finding about the impossibility of adding tracks to the playback queue ?
09-07-2018, 20:27
Version 2.0 released today and minimserver now seems to be working again
09-07-2018, 20:53 (This post was last modified: 09-07-2018 20:54 by Pajr0.)
Confimed. It's working good as usually. My library is useful again. Thank you Simaudio!
09-07-2018, 21:26
Same here. Works again.
10-07-2018, 08:02
On a separate note - i think the new Mind2 is is retrofittable to old units. Anyone considering it? Anything to gain?
12-07-2018, 03:31
I have an order placed to upgrade my Moon 180 to MiND2 but I still cannot connect to minimserver, my firmware is still listed as version 1.4.0 and upto date.

So have been over a week with out my system working correctly, as a result I have told my supplier that I am not willing to pay for an upgrade unless this is sorted out and may cancel even if it is sorted. Not very happy with SIM audio at this moment and currently have an Innuos streamer on loan and may go down this route.

Anyone want to buy a Moon 180?
13-07-2018, 18:09
(12-07-2018 03:31)Bronx54 Wrote:  I have an order placed to upgrade my Moon 180 to MiND2 but I still cannot connect to minimserver, my firmware is still listed as version 1.4.0 and upto date.

So have been over a week with out my system working correctly, as a result I have told my supplier that I am not willing to pay for an upgrade unless this is sorted out and may cancel even if it is sorted. Not very happy with SIM audio at this moment and currently have an Innuos streamer on loan and may go down this route.

Anyone want to buy a Moon 180?

Did you update the app?
14-07-2018, 01:06
Hi deeppurpleman

I found earlier today that the app on my iPhone was showing everything working ok, I went to to my iPad which is my normal control point and it was not working.

I had to go to the App Store and force an update of the MiND App and now all is working fine. Earlier in the day (Friday) I had spoken to Reniassance Audio the UK importer, they told me that a fix was was still being worked on and that when the fix had been made the software/firware would update automatically and that I would not have to do anything.

They clearly know there has been a problem but do not know what the current position is and are giving out incorrect advice, this can only be due to poor information coming out of Sim Audio. So I am still very disappointed with Sim Audio and do have a concern as to whether it will be worth going ahead with the hardware upgrade.

On the whole I still like the Moon 180 and without the recent issues would consider the upgrade to be worth it just to be able to bring DSD capability to the device.
14-07-2018, 20:05 (This post was last modified: 14-07-2018 20:05 by deeppurpleman.)
(14-07-2018 01:06)Bronx54 Wrote:  Hi deeppurpleman

I found earlier today that the app on my iPhone was showing everything working ok, I went to to my iPad which is my normal control point and it was not working.

I had to go to the App Store and force an update of the MiND App and now all is working fine. Earlier in the day (Friday) I had spoken to Reniassance Audio the UK importer, they told me that a fix was was still being worked on and that when the fix had been made the software/firware would update automatically and that I would not have to do anything.

They clearly know there has been a problem but do not know what the current position is and are giving out incorrect advice, this can only be due to poor information coming out of Sim Audio. So I am still very disappointed with Sim Audio and do have a concern as to whether it will be worth going ahead with the hardware upgrade.

On the whole I still like the Moon 180 and without the recent issues would consider the upgrade to be worth it just to be able to bring DSD capability to the device.
Glad you got it working. Is DSD the big change for Mind 2? Anything else?