Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with moon mind controller Version 1.4.0
01-07-2018, 22:13
Problem with moon mind controller Version 1.4.0
After last update Jun 29, 2018 Minimserver has disappeared from a list. I use Moon Mind 180 with Qnap. QNAP media streaming library is visible after update. Server on windows also looks ok. Can you help with it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2018, 14:37
RE: Problem with moon mind controller Version 1.4.0
I had a Moon 380D with the MiND module. I had so many crazy issues with it that I ended up selling it. One day, the app not recognize my NAS, the next, it couldn't find the MiND unit. Also, you need to use the MiND app (which is terrible) if you want to pause or rewind / fast-forward as Moon butchered this functionality for other apps (like bubble). Every time there was an update to the app, it fixed one thing while breaking something else. When contacting Moon's support, I was told that only Asset UPnP is supported and only their own app. Apparently, they are coming out with MiND2 but they already lost me as a costumer.
02-07-2018, 15:31
(01-07-2018 22:13)Pajr0 Wrote:  After last update Jun 29, 2018 Minimserver has disappeared from a list. I use Moon Mind 180 with Qnap. QNAP media streaming library is visible after update. Server on windows also looks ok. Can you help with it?
I get the exact same problem here. I have contacted SimAudio support about it. I will report about what they say.
02-07-2018, 16:13
Mind Controller is not as bad (since v12 or13), however it's not iPeng also. Main issue is a server - Qnap Media Straming is a joke, twonkyMedia is a bit of use, but minimserver was the best IMO and I hope they figure it out soon.

Any other options?
02-07-2018, 22:02 (This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 22:13 by deeppurpleman.)
I have the same problem. I e-mailed them but no response yet. In the meantime I'm using mconnect player on an iPad. It's a bummer you can't go back to the old version. It was working pretty good for me lately.
03-07-2018, 17:15 (This post was last modified: 03-07-2018 17:18 by deeppurpleman.)
Simaudio says they're aware of the issue and are working on it. They said not all media servers are having this problem. No time frame for the fix yet.
03-07-2018, 19:43 (This post was last modified: 03-07-2018 19:51 by Pajr0.)
(03-07-2018 17:15)deeppurpleman Wrote:  Simaudio says they're aware of the issue and are working on it. They said not all media servers are having this problem. No time frame for the fix yet.

Thanks for info. Good to hear.
03-07-2018, 19:45 (This post was last modified: 03-07-2018 19:46 by deeppurpleman.)
(03-07-2018 19:43)Pajr0 Wrote:  
(03-07-2018 17:15)deeppurpleman Wrote:  Simaudio says they're aware of the issue and are working on it. They said not all media servers are having this problem. No time frame for the fix yet.

Thanks for info. Good to hear. What do you use at the moment?

Minimserver on a Synology NAS. Here's the text from the e-mail:

Dear MOON customer,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

We are aware of a an issue encountered upon updating the MOON MiND Controller app to version 1.4.0 .

- Some media servers are not visible in the UPNP library, most notably from Synology and Minim Server.

Please note that this is not affecting all media servers, as the following can be installed whereas applicable:

- Asset UPNP
- Twonky Server
- Plex Media Server

Furthermore, the MOON MiND Controller is offering many music services for your convenience like the free web radio TuneIN, Tidal, Deezer and Qobuz.

The MOON team is working on a solution as we speak, although a specific date for an update has not been defined yet.

We’re deeply sorry for the inconvenience, and we would be grateful if you could try the abovementioned temporary recommendations while we resolve this issue.
03-07-2018, 20:05
Brilliant idea! Change the whole controller, not a server lol.
06-07-2018, 00:53
This is really a BIG problem. Minimserver has been on my Mind Controller for years without any problem. I used it for the central UPNP server. Now that I have to use the individual UPnP Nases I have noticed that my Synology also does not show in the list. I am glad to find this thread. I thought it was just my network.