Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Problem with moon mind controller Version 1.4.0
30-07-2018, 16:57
Post: #31
RE: Problem with moon mind controller Version 1.4.0
I'm convinced that my problem is the iOS update causing problems with the WiFi connection to my iPad. Many people have been having problems since the 11.4 update with their wireless connections.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2018, 21:12
Post: #32
RE: Problem with moon mind controller Version 1.4.0
(30-07-2018 16:56)simoncn Wrote:  The streaming request comes from the renderer, not the control point. In the failing NUC trace log, MinimServer does not receive a streaming request. On the Acer, the streaming request is received.

I have checked the logs again and I do see a small difference which could be the vital clue. On the NUC, the track title is sent to the control point as:
<dc:title>Very Last Day &lt;1963&gt;</dc:title>

On the Acer, the title is sent as:
<dc:title>1. Very Last Day</dc:title>

Simon,
You were right on! I had inserted the date tag contents in the track title display through this tagFormat property:
Code:
Title.displayFormat={$title^^<$date^^>}
Removing the "<" was enough to make the Mind app correctly build and play its playlist.

I did another test. I removed the Title.displayFormat property, and directly inserted a "<blabla>" string in the the track title tag using MP3Tag. The Mind app failed again after this change. Reediting the title tag using "(blabla)" was enough to make the Mind app work again.

It is clear that the Mind app is not prepared to deal with a track title containing a "<" character. Simon, you are very knowledgeable about UPnP, so I am asking: Does this appear to be a bug inside the Mind app code (incorrect handling of the "&lt;") in the "<dc:title>", or does the UPnP "standard" disallow this "<" character inside title tags ? The answer will help me report to the SimAudio support.

Again let me thank you so much for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2018, 22:06
Post: #33
RE: Problem with moon mind controller Version 1.4.0
This is a bug in the MiND app. XML uses '<' and '>' as tag delimiters, so literal '<' and '>' characters are represented in XML values by '&lt;' and '&gt;'. UPnP follows the standard rules for XML and does allow '<' and '>' in tag values.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2018, 22:30
Post: #34
RE: Problem with moon mind controller Version 1.4.0
(30-07-2018 22:06)simoncn Wrote:  This is a bug in the MiND app. XML uses '<' and '>' as tag delimiters, so literal '<' and '>' characters are represented in XML values by '&lt;' and '&gt;'. UPnP follows the standard rules for XML and does allow '<' and '>' in tag values.

Thanks Simon!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2018, 18:11
Post: #35
RE: Problem with moon mind controller Version 1.4.0
As I cant find comments elsewhere just wondered if there is any feedback re the Mind2 upgrade. Still undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)