Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem with moon mind controller Version 1.4.0
14-07-2018, 21:57
RE: Problem with moon mind controller Version 1.4.0
The upgrade entails replacing the whole main board and as well as DSD it should also provide MQA decoding, ROON ready although not sure what the advantage of this is plus to use it you need an expensive licence. There is also supposed be better functionality for multi room use, if I read this right if you have systems in different rooms you can easily synchronise your music (Yamaha have had this for some time).

There was also susposed to be USB input capability but this is only likely to be available on the the Moon 390 because it requires a physical change to the case. The full spec for upgraded 180's is still not clear and the time to take advantage of the reduced price upgrade is running out, again this is something that I feel is letting Sim Audio down, they have good products but their recent performance in supporting their customers has been very poor.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2018, 17:16
Anybody having trouble with the latest iOS update? Since my iPad was updated to 11.4.1 I keep losing connections with MIND.
29-07-2018, 14:55
(24-07-2018 17:16)deeppurpleman Wrote:  Anybody having trouble with the latest iOS update? Since my iPad was updated to 11.4.1 I keep losing connections with MIND.

I am ok with new iOS update, but I am afraid of updating moon. Do you still have problem with connections with MIND?
29-07-2018, 15:55
(29-07-2018 14:55)Pajr0 Wrote:  
(24-07-2018 17:16)deeppurpleman Wrote:  Anybody having trouble with the latest iOS update? Since my iPad was updated to 11.4.1 I keep losing connections with MIND.

I am ok with new iOS update, but I am afraid of updating moon. Do you still have problem with connections with MIND?

I am still having problems with minimserver installed on a NUC i5 (win10 as OS). When used in this configuration, the Mind app is able to browse the library but totally unable to add tracks to the playlist. It seems that the Mind app is unable to deal with minimserver when installed on a NUC, and support at Simaudio is completely unable to understand why.

There are other controller apps (both Android and IOS) that can drive the Moon Mind renderer (altough the functionnality is incomplete). When using for ex. BubbleUPnP (on Android) or mConnect (on IOS) in the same minimserver setup as above, they both work flawlessly and let one play tracks throug the Mind renderer. This is really curious.

If any user of the Mind app would have an idea of what could be going on here, this would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps Simon has once worked with a NUC and could have a hint?

Thanks in advance for your help.
29-07-2018, 16:54
I have not worked with a NUC and I don't have any ideas about what could cause this problem. A MinimServer debug log might provide more information.
30-07-2018, 01:24
(29-07-2018 16:54)simoncn Wrote:  I have not worked with a NUC and I don't have any ideas about what could cause this problem. A MinimServer debug log might provide more information.

Thanks Simon for your offer. I know it is not your responsibility to debug my problem with the Mind app. But perhaps reading the two attached log files could help show some light on the issue.

What is puzzling me is that the same install and config of minimserver, with the exact same library, on the same network, with the same version of the Mind app, fails to play when minim is installed on a NUC Intel 5, but plays correctly when using a minim install on an ACER Pentium portable.

Here is what I did.
1- Reduced my library to the bare minimum:
1 album: Peter, Paul and Mary: In the Wind, MP3 format
1 track: Very Last Day
stored on:
Code:
C:\mu\mp3\Peter, Paul and Mary-In the Wind\01 Very Last Day.mp3
2- Installed minimserver (0.8-update-123) & minimstreamer (0.7.7) with the exact same configuration on two different Win10 machines fully updated, with ContentDir property set to the above directory. The two machines are:
a) Intel NUC (Intel 5 processor)
b) ACER (Pentium processor)
The Win10 firewall was disabled on both machines.
3- Both machines are ethernet wired to the same router
4- Set minimserver logging level to Trace level on both machines.

5- I started the Mind app on Android, connected to the minimserver running on the NUC, was able to browse to the one album, see the artwork and track metadata, tried to queue the album contents into the current playlist, but to no avail: the track is not queued and does not play. I quitted the MindApp.The minimserver log of all those steps is in attachment
Code:
Mind2App-NUC-Mind.log

6- Repeated step 5, this time using the minimserver install running on the ACER machine. I took care to execute the same actions in the same order. Now everything works correctly, the track can be queued and played. The minimserver log is in attachment:
Code:
Mind2App-Acer-Mind.log

Unfortunately, the Mind app does not provide any logs on its own, so it is difficult to understand why it reacts differently to the outputs coming from minimerver running on the ACER and the NUC. Naively perhaps, I would expect that the outputs would be similar, expect for the network adresses of the source machines.

Perhaps Simon, with your keen eye, you could spot something or have an idea. Perhaps a suggestion of what to ask to SimAudio support ?

But if you don't, as I said before, please do not worry.

Regards,
André Gosselin

Attached File(s)
.log  Mind2App-Acer-Mind.log (Size: 61.49 KB / Downloads: 2)
.log  Mind2App-NUC-Mind.log (Size: 52.52 KB / Downloads: 1)
30-07-2018, 08:48
There is no difference in the data returned by MinimServer to the control point from the NUC and Acer machines, so the problem must be caused by MinimServer on the NUC machine being unable to receive the HTTP streaming request sent by the renderer. This would usually be caused by a firewall setting or antivirus program running on the NUC machine that is blocking an inbound TCP request to port 9790.
30-07-2018, 14:13
(30-07-2018 08:48)simoncn Wrote:  There is no difference in the data returned by MinimServer to the control point from the NUC and Acer machines, so the problem must be caused by MinimServer on the NUC machine being unable to receive the HTTP streaming request sent by the renderer. This would usually be caused by a firewall setting or antivirus program running on the NUC machine that is blocking an inbound TCP request to port 9790.

Thanks for your help Simon!
30-07-2018, 15:03
(30-07-2018 08:48)simoncn Wrote:  There is no difference in the data returned by MinimServer to the control point from the NUC and Acer machines, so the problem must be caused by MinimServer on the NUC machine being unable to receive the HTTP streaming request sent by the renderer. This would usually be caused by a firewall setting or antivirus program running on the NUC machine that is blocking an inbound TCP request to port 9790.

Simon,
When I first reported about this issue, I mentioned that I had no problem driving the same Mind renderer using two other control points (BubbleUPnP on Android and mConnect on IOS) connecting to the exact same minimserver NUC install the Mind app has trouble with. I imagine that those 2 apps must somehow issue the same TCP request to port 9790, which in their case is evidently not blocked. We could conclude that the source of the request is the causing factor. In the context of a UPnP environment, where is the request coming from, the control point or the renderer ? Then we have to realize that the failing Mind app and the succeeding BubbleUPnP app are both running on the same Android tablet, and that in both cases the same Mind renderer is used.

I tried disabling the firewall, and identify any setting in the network security rules that could explain why the blocking is restricted to a single application. Without success. Do you know of any network monitoring tool that could help identifying what is blocked, and where ?

Regards
30-07-2018, 16:56
The streaming request comes from the renderer, not the control point. In the failing NUC trace log, MinimServer does not receive a streaming request. On the Acer, the streaming request is received.

I have checked the logs again and I do see a small difference which could be the vital clue. On the NUC, the track title is sent to the control point as:
<dc:title>Very Last Day &lt;1963&gt;</dc:title>

On the Acer, the title is sent as:
<dc:title>1. Very Last Day</dc:title>