Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio dropouts
25-06-2018, 13:13
RE: Audio dropouts
(25-06-2018 07:18)simoncn Wrote:  This is a known problem (see this thread). It is related to your VPN setup on the NAS and the solution is to set the ohnet.subnet property as described in this section. It is possible that this might also help with the dropouts issue.

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately about 99% of this information is completely over my head. Virtually everything I "know" about networks was "learned" in this thread. I sorta know what VPN is but as far as I know I do not have one on my network. It may be there...I just don't know about it. I don't know what the ohnet.subnet properties are or where they can be found on the NAS so I am unable to view or change these settings. I apologize for being so "needy".

Without making any of the above modifications to my NAS settings, everything has been working ok for the past few days. I will re-read the user guide with specific focus on the new information you just provided and see if I can learn enough to understand the information you have provided.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2018, 20:46
I understand your situation and I will do my best to respond with detailed instructions and explanations soon. This won't be today but might be tomorrow.
26-06-2018, 07:16
Please do the following:

1) If you don't already have MinimWatch installed on another computer on your local network, install it
2) From the MinimWatch minim icon, select Options > Show log (watch)
3) The log should contain a message: Active subnet is x.x.x.x
4) From the MinimWatch minim icon, select Properties
5) In the Properties window, select the System tab
6) In the ohnet.subnet field, copy the x.x.x.x value from step 3, then click OK
7) From the MinimWatch minim icon, select Restart
8) From the MinimWatch minim icon, select Show log
9) The log should contain a message: Using single subnet x.x.x.x (where x.x.x.x is the value that you entered in step 6)

This should fix the problem with MinimServer crashing.
26-06-2018, 16:49
Thank you very much for the helpful information. I have done as you instructed and so far everything is working fine. I appreciate your help and patience.