Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer 0.8.5.3 available from Synology Package Center
29-05-2018, 15:26
RE: MinimServer 0.8.5.3 available from Synology Package Center
Depending on how you did the uninstall and reinstall, MinimServer might be doing a full rescan on startup. This might take some time and your files would not be accessible until the rescan has completed.

To check this, click the MinimServer icon in the Package Center and click the blue link under "URL". If MinimServer is running, the MinimServer status web page will open in a new tab in your browser. If you can see this page, what does the "Media server status" line say?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2018, 15:44
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling from package center, there is no error message but I still can’t assess my files. The UPnP apps still says no server found.

It was like that last time I updated DSM, but the problem was solved with manual download and install of update 122. There would be some compatibility problem.

Is there a way to change the DSM back to older version?
29-05-2018, 15:50 (This post was last modified: 29-05-2018 15:51 by simoncn.)
Please see my reply in post #11. The problem isn't caused by DSM as I am running this version with no problems. DSM doesn't allow you to downgrade to an older version.
29-05-2018, 15:57 (This post was last modified: 29-05-2018 16:08 by Thomas Li.)
The media server status for both 916 and 918 are Running.

But still no luck, can’t assess the files.

I shall switch them off and try later. Anyway thank you for your help, Simon.

If you have no problem with DSM, I shall see if there are other things that matter. Everything is fine before the DSM update.
29-05-2018, 16:35 (This post was last modified: 29-05-2018 16:36 by simoncn.)
As you have confirmed that MinimServer is running, there might be an issue with firewall settings on the NAS preventing MinimServer from being discovered. Not sure why the update would have changed these settings but maybe it happened when you uninstalled and reinstalled. To check this:

1) Open Control Panel, select Security and then select Firewall. If you have 'Enable firewall' checked, proceed to step 2.

2) In your firewall profile, click 'Edit rules'. If you haven't got a rule that enables MinimServer to receive connections through its default ports, click Create, then check "Select from a list of bult-in applications", then click Select and scroll down to enable the two MinimServer checkboxes.
30-05-2018, 11:33
Problem solved, it is not the firewall settings. Your reassurance of the compatibility of DSM with MinimServer has prompted me to reboot the streamer.

After restarting the streamer, everything is back to normal.

Thanks again for your effort.