Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature Request - Singles and EPs
24-05-2018, 13:55
Feature Request - Singles and EPs
Minimserver reports I have 983 albums. I know I don't, as I have quite a few singles and EPs, so it would be nice if it would be possible to add Singles and/or EP indexes that are separated from the "albums" index.
For eg. if an "album" has only 1 track (or maybe even 2) it is a Single by definition rather than an album, and/or if it has "EP" in the title it is an EP, so it should be possible? Can it be done with the current Minimserver properties?

Also - I've often wondered - why are tracks labelled "items" at the top level rather than "tracks"? I can't see anything that isn't a track in there (like infoFiles for example).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2018, 17:03
RE: Feature Request - Singles and EPs
This thread may be of interest.

Following on from that this thread.
24-05-2018, 19:52
It would be perhaps semantically more correct if Minimserver simply reported the number of "discs" you have.
That is how I use it.
There is a problem with dividing discs up into LPs, EPs and Singles, not least because the CD of the LP often has more tracks.
Moreover a CD can have anything from one to over fifty tracks. What do you call a CD with five tracks? Or just four if it is a symphony.
To keep things even simpler I rip double CDs into just one folder and renumber the tracks, giving me one double length pseudo CD.
And what if a friend sends you a single track of a live recording of their band. It is none of the above, just a track. I make this a one track CD and give it a folder of its own.
But each to his or her own. There are no wrong methods.
Donuk sunny downtown York.
24-05-2018, 22:20
Items can be tracks or groups.

It is not likely that special support for singles and EPs will be added to MinimServer in the foreseeable future. You could add SINGLE and EP tags to these files and to the indexTags property, then view your singles and EPs by browsing via the Single and EP indexes.
25-05-2018, 06:52
I keep forgetting about groups, having none myself!

I will experiment with tags and see how it goes. Thanks.
26-05-2018, 07:19
That was quite painless. Batch added a ReleaseType custom tag, then edited the singles and EPs. Now my OCC is satisfied Smile