Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New music files not recognised
18-05-2018, 01:18
New music files not recognised
Hi Simon,

I have the current version of MinimServer installed on my Melco/Dela N1 that I control via a Linn Kinski app on my iPad. In the last couple of days MinimServer has stopped recognising new additions to my music. It continues to work perfectly well for my preexisting music folders. All additions are made via iTunes (now version 12.7.4.76).

I don't have this issue with the N1-11B8 library system.

Your advice will be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2018, 01:59
RE: New music files not recognised
Have you done a rescan with Minimserver?
18-05-2018, 02:26
(18-05-2018 01:59)antonmb Wrote:  Have you done a rescan with Minimserver?

Many thanks for the advice - that did the trick.
18-05-2018, 02:29
Cool. I’m not familiar with how the Melco works, but if there’s a way to do it, I’d suggest scheduling a nightly restart of Minimserver to force a rescan.
18-05-2018, 02:46
(18-05-2018 02:29)antonmb Wrote:  Cool. I’m not familiar with how the Melco works, but if there’s a way to do it, I’d suggest scheduling a nightly restart of Minimserver to force a rescan.

Thanks - not sure if I can do that through the Melco, but will do a regular rescan via MinimWatch on my laptop.
18-05-2018, 07:14 (This post was last modified: 18-05-2018 07:17 by simoncn.)
You can configure MinimServer to do a rescan each time MinimServer starts when the Melco is powered on. In MinimWatch, change the startupScan property from false to true. This makes MinimServer startup slower.

Before 0.8.5, this was the default setting. I changed it (for Melco only) because nothing can be added to the Melco library while the Melco is powered off, so it seems unlikely that a rescan would be required on power on.

I would recommend leaving startupScan as false and doing a manual rescan (either in MinimWatch or from the MinimServer status web page) after you have added new music to your library.
18-05-2018, 07:48
Thanks, Simon. I will rescan via MinimWatch after uploading new music. Gotta get into this routine...