Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Melco Firmware
13-06-2018, 14:32
RE: Latest Melco Firmware
(13-06-2018 14:29)simoncn Wrote:  Which control point are you using? What do you do to save this playlist? Do you do it from the control point or from the N1?

I use Lumin as a CP. I save the playlist using the N1 front panel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2018, 15:10
(18-05-2018 12:38)simoncn Wrote:  Working well for me with improved sound quality in Dark Mode.
Just curious: Do you find a difference in SQ between dark mode and usual mode ?
13-06-2018, 15:18
I think several of us do......
I understand dark mode has been redesigned to switch off unnecessary processes, and thereby burdening the processor and memory in the Melco less.
And this is supposed to be a good thing.....!

donuk sunny downtown York
13-06-2018, 21:38
(13-06-2018 14:32)ofrex Wrote:  I use Lumin as a CP. I save the playlist using the N1 front panel.

I tried this. The front panel said OK but nothing was in the .m3u file that was created.
17-06-2018, 21:50
(03-06-2018 22:24)simoncn Wrote:  It should be possible to add support for aiff:wav24 transcoding in the fairly near future.

Support for AIFF transcoding is available now in MinimStreamer 0.7.7.
22-06-2018, 16:26
I am new to Melco (1 week) but have been using Minim server successfully for several years on my Synology NAS.

I too have experienced the first track name in a queue not changing, which is a nuisance, but not critical. I have not yet installed MinimServer, so am running Twonky at present. A big problem I have, which I recall Melco saying they had overcome in the latest firmware, is that if the Melco is powered down the complete music database is re-scanned on power up. As I have 137,000 tracks, this takes about two hours. Is there any way you can just read the existing scan file?

I have PS Audio DirectStream DAC, and am presently testing both direct connection ethernet, to the bridge and USB. I'm using Mconnect on iOS.

Interestingly, using USB, today, for the first time, and not previously the Melco displays the song title for a minute or so, before switching to the standard screen. When the next track starts, it does the same again.
22-06-2018, 16:32 (This post was last modified: 22-06-2018 16:33 by Gandharva.)
I read on an old thread, in which Simon said that he was writing to Melco to ask about using a travel router so that the Melco could be controlled 'off network'. I cannot find the answer to that in the thread. If anyone is successfully using this method, would they mind posting what settings they have used on the router.

Thanks in anticipation.
22-06-2018, 17:37
The latest MinimServer 0.8.5.2 package for the Melco N1 doesn't rescan the library when the N1 is powered on. Instead, it loads library information from its cache file which is much quicker.

With such a large library, you need to disable Twonky if you want to run MinimServer. This is because Twonky rescans the library after the N1 has started and this causes MinimServer startup to take much longer because it is competing with Twonky for system resources.
22-06-2018, 20:23
Many thanks Simon, I'll load Minim server over the weekend.

Do you have any information on the use of a travel router?
23-06-2018, 09:24
No, I have never used a travel router.