Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MinimServer 0.8.5.3 available from Synology Package Center
11-05-2018, 23:37 (This post was last modified: 11-05-2018 23:37 by simoncn.)
MinimServer 0.8.5.3 available from Synology Package Center
MinimServer 0.8.5.3 is now available from the Synology Package Center for all Synology Intel and ARM models. The previous 0.8.4.2 package supported Intel and ARMv7 but not ARMv8 and ARMv5.

For all ARM models, it is no longer necessary to install Java from the Package Center because the MinimServer 0.8.5.3 package includes a tailored version of the OpenJDK Java Runtime Environment that is suitable for running MinimServer.

I have updated the Synology installation page to reflect these changes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2018, 14:34
RE: MinimServer 0.8.5.3 available from Synology Package Center
Excellent Simon, thank you. I installed it yesterday with no problems.
17-05-2018, 07:28
I've just updated an old Synology DS110J. I always update older devices first as if it goes wrong it matters less. :-)
I did find the new instructions in my case at least did not match with what I found perhaps I'm missing the obvious again, not unkown for me.

Firstly I found nothing about Minimserver inside the DSM package centre - Multimedia.

Second I found no Update button for Minimserver.

I uninstalled and re-installed but all is working.

Bob.
17-05-2018, 07:56 (This post was last modified: 17-05-2018 08:35 by simoncn.)
Thanks for letting me know about this. For some reason, Synology has not made MinimServer 0.8.5.3 available in the Package Center for the DS110j (see the Applied Models section on this page). I have reported this to Synology.

As a workaround, you should be able to do a manual download and install of the MinimServer-0.8.5.3-armv5.spk file. The procedure for doing this is similar to that described in this section except that you should omit step 1 (installing Java).
22-05-2018, 14:31
My available update notice came several days back on my Synology. No problems as well.

Main System - Lumin U1, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, Modwright KWA150SE Amp, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel Storm III subs
29-05-2018, 05:09
Just updated the firmware of my Synology 918+ to the latest version.

MinimServer does not work with the new firmware. How can I fix it?

Thank you.
29-05-2018, 08:44
Which firmware version are you using and what exactly do you mean by "MinimServer does not work"? What happens when you go to the Package Center and run MinimServer?
29-05-2018, 12:51
(29-05-2018 08:44)simoncn Wrote:  Which firmware version are you using and what exactly do you mean by "MinimServer does not work"? What happens when you go to the Package Center and run MinimServer?

I updated my Synology DS916+ and DS918+ to DSM version 6.1.7-15284.

Before the update, I was warned that this firmware is not compatible with MinimServer, but it had happened before, I just need to download the latest version from MinimServer.com and manually install it.

It is 0.8.5.3 update 122 in my Synology. After the update, there is error message saying: MinimServer had to be stopped using a forced kill. Please contact MinimServer support if this happens repeatedly.

When I open my UPnP apps, I cannot assess my music files. It said browser is not found. What can I do?
29-05-2018, 14:47
Please try restarting MinimServer from the Package Center. Does it start correctly without any error messages?
29-05-2018, 15:14
(29-05-2018 14:47)simoncn Wrote:  Please try restarting MinimServer from the Package Center. Does it start correctly without any error messages?

I have tried to reinstall MinimServer again with the package, even when there is no error message and everything in DSM seems fine, I still can’t assess my files.

Will try to uninstall and reinstall again and let you know the result.