Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a manual?
06-05-2018, 17:06
Is there a manual?
It’s a long time that I didn’t use Minim server. A long time ago I managed it somehow to get a working setup and to set the options so that I find my music as I wish. After some time I had a hard disk crash ans lost the options file. I tried to set the options once more but wasn’t able because I don’t understand the text on the homepage. (It’s not because it is in english, but because I wouldn’t understand it even in german.) No I would like to return to MinimServer and have the same problem: I don’t understand not at all how to set the options.

For the beginning I would like to display my music so that I have a list with the composers, when I select e composer a list with genres (symphonies, sonatas etc.), when I select a genre a list with artists, when I selevt an artist the list of the works he plays, when I select a work, the list of the tracks. I’m sure this was what i have. But what I can manage now, is a list showing »Composer«, »Artist«, »Work« and so on, what makes no sense, because I will not nee a list with works if I don’t know who is the composer.

So the question is: is there any text (manual or something like this), explaining how to set the options for normal people? I know that MinimServer is really good (especially for classical music I see now alternative – as not to use a dlna server), and I liked it when I finally managed it to use it. But since this crash I couldn’t finde the way back...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2018, 21:48
RE: Is there a manual?
You can select by Composer > Genre > Artist > Work (exactly as you wish) but it isn't possible to do this without Genre, Artist and Work appearing in the top-level index as well as Composer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply