Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DLNA Control Points and Devices
28-02-2013, 11:28
RE: DLNA Control Points and Devices
(28-02-2013 10:53)simoncn Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 02:20)Mike48 Wrote:  The factor in favor is, it seems there is much more development for A/V on iOS than on Android. More apps, better regarded.

Another reason why I bought a Nexus 7 instead of an iPad is that the Android platform supports Java-based software but Apple iOS doesn't. For a future project, I'm hoping to make some contribution to the Android software gene pool that might slightly reduce this imbalance.

I am thinking on getting a Nexus7 or the successor, just to see how Android works, and I like the small format as a remote.

Simon you are thinking building a control point for Android?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 11:46
(28-02-2013 11:28)jvilly Wrote:  I am thinking on getting a Nexus7 or the successor, just to see how Android works, and I like the small format as a remote.

Simon you are thinking building a control point for Android?

I wouldn't start with a control point, because I don't think I'd be able to improve significantly on Kinsky and BubbleDS.
28-02-2013, 12:43 (This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 12:44 by bbrip.)
(28-02-2013 10:53)simoncn Wrote:  Another reason why I bought a Nexus 7 instead of an iPad is that the Android platform supports Java-based software but Apple iOS doesn't. For a future project, I'm hoping to make some contribution to the Android software gene pool that might slightly reduce this imbalance.

I know that Apple has a slight allergy against Java and Flash. Given the latest security holes taking advantage (again) of both these platforms, maybe rightly so... Doesnt stop me from using MinimServer, though Big Grin
28-02-2013, 20:49
To Kinsky users: Are you not having the same problem I was? That only the first X characters of the track name are displayed, and X is too small to be useful in many cases? Or does this improve when moving from a smartphone to, say, Nexus 7?

Mike
Portland, Oregon, USA
28-02-2013, 22:57
(28-02-2013 20:49)Mike48 Wrote:  To Kinsky users: Are you not having the same problem I was? That only the first X characters of the track name are displayed, and X is too small to be useful in many cases? Or does this improve when moving from a smartphone to, say, Nexus 7?

It's much better on a Nexus 7. If you use the "phone" view, you get a reasonable number of characters. For even more characters, you can rotate the tablet from portrait to landscape orientation.