Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OpenHome
Yesterday, 06:39 (This post was last modified: Today 04:53 by bbill.)
OpenHome
Hello Simon
thanks again for your excellent MinimServer !
do you plan to add OpenHome compatibility?
bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 09:15
RE: OpenHome ??
MinimServer is fully compatible with OpenHome control points and renderers.
Yesterday, 12:39 (This post was last modified: Yesterday 12:40 by bbill.)
my question was not very precise, sorry
my 'renderer' is DNLA / UPnP only and I would like MinimServer on the NAS with the Lumin app on my iPad (but the Lumin app only works with an OpenHome renderer)
my question: could you add in MinimServer an option to allow the Lumin app to work with a DNLA / UPnP renderer (create an OpenHome environment via Minimserver)
bill
Yesterday, 14:04
Not sure why you expect a media server like MinimServer to provide help for the interaction that's strictly between a control point and a renderer. That's not a media server's function.

Fortunately, there is helper software that can do what you require - BubbleUPnP Server (it is NOT a UPnP/DLNA media server):
BubbleUPnP Server - Media Renderers: Creating OpenHome renderers
Yesterday, 14:12
(Yesterday 12:39)bbill Wrote:  my question was not very precise, sorry
my 'renderer' is DNLA / UPnP only and I would like MinimServer on the NAS with the Lumin app on my iPad (but the Lumin app only works with an OpenHome renderer)
my question: could you add in MinimServer an option to allow the Lumin app to work with a DNLA / UPnP renderer (create an OpenHome environment via Minimserver)
bill

You can wrap your renderer with an OpenHome layer by installing BubbleUPnP server on a machine on your network (PC, NAS, etc), and activate the OpenHome on your renderer by going to the Renderers tab. Then the Lumin app will beable to see it. Very easy to setup. I used it for a longtime when I used Lumin to operate a Mind renderer which is not natively OpenHome compatible.
Yesterday, 14:13 (This post was last modified: Today 05:03 by bbill.)
(Yesterday 14:04)Cebolla Wrote:  Not sure why you expect a media server like MinimServer to provide help for the interaction that's strictly between a control point and a renderer. That's not a media server's function.

Fortunately, there is helper software that can do what you require - BubbleUPnP Server (it is NOT a UPnP/DLNA media server):
BubbleUPnP Server - Media Renderers: Creating OpenHome renderers

there are so many renderers that are UPnP but not OpenHome
and Lumin is an excellent software, Lumin advises the use of MinimServer

finally, it would be simpler with a single software (MinimServer) rather than two softwares (MinimServer & BubbleUPnP)
Yesterday, 21:29
Thanks for this request/suggestion. I don't have any plans to add this functionality to MinimServer. If you need this, BubbleUPnP Server is your best option.