Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems updating MinimServer
12-04-2018, 00:07
Problems updating MinimServer
I currently have MinimServer 0.8.5.2 update 122 running on a Raspberry Pi (headless), and control it using MinimWatch on my Windows 7 PC.

When I run MinimWatch, it sometimes tells me that a MinimServer update is available. This happened about two months ago so I clicked on the "Install now" button, but something went wrong. After the update, MinimServer failed to start. The MinimWatch tray icon appeared gray and my control point could not find the server.

Using PuTTY I rebooted the Pi, but MinimServer still failed to start. I looked into the MinimServer/Bin directory and found that many of the files there did not look right or were missing, so apparently the update did not install properly. In order to get things working again I had to manually download the setup file, copy it to the server, and install it from PuTTY. Once I did that (and rebooted the Pi), MinimServer started working again.

Before this problem began, updates always went smoothly. If I recall correctly, this has happened to me three times now. It's really a hassle having to manually reinstall the program from a terminal window. Plus, due to another problem, I cannot skip the updates.

What is causing this? I did switch the Pi from an Ethernet connection to Wi-Fi around the time this started, but that shouldn't cause an update problem like this, and everything else works great. Thanks for any help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Problems updating MinimServer - Giarc - 12-04-2018 00:07