Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Log error:- conflicting album tag value
14-02-2013, 16:57
RE: Log error:- conflicting album tag value
(14-02-2013 16:37)winxi Wrote:  Hi, in some situations there are other folders which one doesn't want to be scanned. E.g., the Synology indexing service will also create hidden subdirectories for each media file containing embedded album art.
Maybe an option in a future version of MinimServer to omit hidden directories when rescanning would be helpful (i.e. directories, whose names begin with a '.', '@' or '#' on UNIX systems). In fact the Synology recycle directory is named e.g. '/volume1/music/#recycle'.

MinimServer already ignores "hidden" files and directories whose names start with ".". I'm not aware of any UNIX convention that implies this should be extended to names starting with '@' or '#'.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2013, 17:01
I just read about the possibility to add a timestamp to the log - I'll enable that to see if it works for me.
Clearing the log display in the window should also clear the log on the disk, otherwise things will show up again.

As to winxi's reply, yes, I indeed mistyped the synology folder. Twice. I even googled for it, but didn't change it. So winxi is right: /#recycle.
About the additional directory, good thinking. But I'm afraid that I might run into problems (255 chars per path) as sometimes those stupid files are awfully long, but I still want to keep them...
14-02-2013, 17:13
(14-02-2013 17:01)uk75 Wrote:  I just read about the possibility to add a timestamp to the log - I'll enable that to see if it works for me.
Clearing the log display in the window should also clear the log on the disk, otherwise things will show up again.

No, they won't. The entries that were cleared from the window will just stay on disk as a historical record until the MinimServer process is fully restarted. I think this might be quite useful.

Quote:As to winxi's reply, yes, I indeed mistyped the synology folder. Twice. I even googled for it, but didn't change it. So winxi is right: /#recycle.
About the additional directory, good thinking. But I'm afraid that I might run into problems (255 chars per path) as sometimes those stupid files are awfully long, but I still want to keep them...

You could name the extra directory 'm'. This wouldn't take much out of a 255 character limit. Is there really such a small path limit on modern Linux systems?
14-02-2013, 17:30
(14-02-2013 17:13)simoncn Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 17:01)uk75 Wrote:  Clearing the log display in the window should also clear the log on the disk, otherwise things will show up again.
No, they won't.
Quote:I'm afraid that I might run into problems (255 chars per path) as sometimes those stupid files are awfully long, but I still want to keep them...
You could name the extra directory 'm'. This wouldn't take much out of a 255 character limit. Is there really such a small path limit on modern Linux systems?
Well. regarding #1, what I meant was "it would be nice if minim cleared both the log in the window *and* the disk.. Blush
#2, well, at least I saw some stupid warnings and some files weren't copied to the syno. Might have to do with Windows or the Explorer or whatever.

So, yes, a "clear log" button and a "don't scan the following directories / files" option would be very much appreciated..