Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended IOS Control Point?
04-05-2018, 15:49 (This post was last modified: 04-05-2018 15:50 by lyapounov.)
RE: Recommended IOS Control Point?
I have tried a lot. For me, in terme of ergonomy, Lumin is above all the others, by far.

Let us not forget that if your renderer is not Upnp-AV you must use Bubbleupnp server
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2018, 19:01
I think you meant "not OpenHome".
05-05-2018, 21:57
(04-05-2018 19:01)simoncn Wrote:  I think you meant "not OpenHome".

Yes, my mistake
18-05-2018, 09:31
I prefer Lumin
On an old iPad by far the fastest.
For example, doing some comparisons yesterday of different versions of Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most.
I have eight recordings (Jane Monheit the best).
Displayed in an instant. Put them immediately on my playlist.
It has the disadvantage that because the way in which Lumin creates its own database on your device some aspects of Minimserver configuration are not possible I believe. Not clever enough to list them.

But a great app - most like looking through an LP collection - great how you can vary thumbnail sizes.

Donuk Sunny downtown York
13-06-2018, 12:57
I prefer Lumin
13-06-2018, 14:10
I love Lumin on my old iPad and iPhone.
People seem to love or hate it.
Advantages - very fast, nice features - like being able to change thumbnail size. I find it intuitive. Just like shuffling through an LP collection.
Disadvantages - keeps its own database of images and metadata on your iPad, which have to be updated when you add to your library. Because of this it is not able to take full advantage of Minimserver. But in basic mode it works perfectly. Actually the fact that it keeps its own database means that when I go shopping I have a full illustrated catalogue on my iPhone of all the CDs I own.

Donuk sunny downtown York
13-06-2018, 22:57
In LUMIN, if you go to the “folder” item you see all the views you have set up in MinimServer. One of these is Folder so you can get to the actual folder structure if you want.

These MinimServer views are not cache’d like the native Lumin views.
13-06-2018, 23:04
Thanks for that info Peter. Useful to know if you have just put a CD onto your Nas and do not want to wait to load the metadata onto your control tablet.

donuk
29-07-2018, 12:23
(13-06-2018 22:57)Peter@57m Wrote:  In LUMIN, if you go to the “folder” item you see all the views you have set up in MinimServer. One of these is Folder so you can get to the actual folder structure if you want.

I had a funny instance of this. I have now a dsd compatible renderer (klimax katalyst), so I took off the famous dsf:wav24;176

When I browse through the Folder path of Lumin app, the file is sent as a dsd file. But for any other browsing, like most recent one, or by album etc. the app was still telling minimserver to transpose, and the app showed wav24 at 176 . It is not a visual bug of the app, because minimserver is really transposing (I was watching the CPU)
29-07-2018, 14:30
(29-07-2018 12:23)lyapounov Wrote:  
(13-06-2018 22:57)Peter@57m Wrote:  In LUMIN, if you go to the “folder” item you see all the views you have set up in MinimServer. One of these is Folder so you can get to the actual folder structure if you want.

I had a funny instance of this. I have now a dsd compatible renderer (klimax katalyst), so I took off the famous dsf:wav24;176

When I browse through the Folder path of Lumin app, the file is sent as a dsd file. But for any other browsing, like most recent one, or by album etc. the app was still telling minimserver to transpose, and the app showed wav24 at 176 . It is not a visual bug of the app, because minimserver is really transposing (I was watching the CPU)
Did you restart minimserver after taking off the dsf:wav24;176 property?