Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Connection minimserver - UPnP control point unstable - issue NAS/Minimserver?
16-03-2018, 18:14 (This post was last modified: 16-03-2018 18:17 by Cebolla.)
RE: Connection minimserver - UPnP control point unstable - issue NAS/Minimserver?
(16-03-2018 09:13)mjolink Wrote:  I have done some testing but it seems like I can't reach the router via telnet (turned on Telnet in Windows)

1) I read on internet that some routers can't be reached by telnet?! I searched for an option in my router to turn telnet on, but could not find it.
2) My girlfriend has an extra router between her ISP router and e.g. her TV. Would it help if I place that router between the NAS and my Technicolor TG789bvn router?

Currently even restarting / rescanning or stop / start of the minimserver doesn't help anymore to make connection from my control point (it used to help in making connection). I couldn't reach my music via the control point yesterday.
That's unfortunate - it's quite likely being an ISP provided router, that the telnet server has either been completely disabled or requires a 'special' way of accessing it. You could try getting help from your ISP to see if they can provide you with the info to allow you to disable the LAN/WLAN IGMP snooping, or do it for you.

Failing that, then using another router that you already know to behave properly with multicast discovery should work, but you'll need to put your ISP router in bridge mode (your ISP may have restricted this too) and let the new router manage DHCP and WiFi.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2018, 10:29
RE: Connection minimserver - UPnP control point unstable - issue NAS/Minimserver?
I called with the SD of my ISP - they have never heard of IGMP. Also the 2nd line support could not help me Undecided
Only 1 option remains as I see it, placing a switch/router between my ISP router and other devices. To be tested...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply