Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we mimic OpenHome/DNLA on PC
27-02-2018, 00:05
RE: Can we mimic OpenHome/DNLA on PC
(26-02-2018 23:23)Cebolla Wrote:  I have actually managed to get the Android version of the BubbleUPnP Server running without any issues on the MEmu Android emulator and therefore creating an OpenHome renderer with a different IP to the PC it's installed on!

Well done you! I think I'd really need the functionality to want to try that. Though come to think of it, running BubbleDS on Windows is quite a nice idea ...

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2018, 12:27
(26-02-2018 23:12)DavidHB Wrote:  If Paul is prepared to put up with the prompt to update and the relatively small UI differences between the directly installable version of Kazoo (4.8) and the current Windows Store version (4.11), the procedure I recommended in my previous post seems a lot easier than this.
I didn't realize there was that difference I will give Kazoo 4.8 a try. The thing with the phone hotspot is it depends on multiple pieces of hardware, and network access.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-02-2018, 13:13
(27-02-2018 12:27)paultaylor Wrote:  I will give Kazoo 4.8 a try. The thing with the phone hotspot is it depends on multiple pieces of hardware, and network access.

I now realise that I did my test with the computer network connected. I believe that my procedure will work if the computer is network capable, but not network connected, but that in't tested.

David
27-02-2018, 17:06
(27-02-2018 13:13)DavidHB Wrote:  
(27-02-2018 12:27)paultaylor Wrote:  I will give Kazoo 4.8 a try. The thing with the phone hotspot is it depends on multiple pieces of hardware, and network access.

I now realise that I did my test with the computer network connected. I believe that my procedure will work if the computer is network capable, but not network connected, but that in't tested.

David

Kazoo 4.8 + OpenHome Player + MinimServer works perfect on the same PC but you have to be connected to your network!
27-02-2018, 18:43 (This post was last modified: 27-02-2018 18:44 by Cebolla.)
Yes, but the computer connected to a dummy loopback network will do - eg, you just need to install the Windows loopback adapter available from the Device Manager's Add Legacy Hardware function.