Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Album.displayFormat
17-02-2018, 19:01
Album.displayFormat
Hi there,
I'm doing some personalization to my Minimserver and would like to add at the end of an album's name a star in case his ALBUMRATING tag is set to 5 to know that album is marked as favorites.
I'm currently using $ALBUMRATING but that's return me the number (5) at the end, not very nice. How to set an other character instead (like *) ?

Album.displayFormat={$album^^ (^$Date^^-^$#AudioQuality^^)^ $ALBUMRATING}

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2018, 21:32
RE: Album.displayFormat
You can use the tagUpdate feature to create a new tag ALBUMSTAR if the tag ALBUMRATING has a value of 5. Your tagUpdate file would look like this:

@ALBUMRATING=5
+ALBUMSTAR=*

The ALBUMSTAR tag is seen by MinimServer but doesn't exist in the file.
17-02-2018, 21:51
Of course, using a turnaround to rewrite the tag, it's a nice idea. Thank you so much Simon, works perfectly.
My Minimserver is getting close to perfection and help me enjoy the music more peacefully Smile
have a nice weekend
22-10-2023, 17:50
I have added $ALBUMRATING to my settings of Album.displayFormat but after restart of MinimServer i get error ? How to set this option corectly?
22-10-2023, 20:39 (This post was last modified: 22-10-2023 20:43 by simbun.)
Have you added ALBUMRATING to itemTags?

What's the error message (you should be able to copy it from the log window)?

If adding AlbumRating to itemTags doesn't fix it, include your .displayFormat setting in your reply.
23-10-2023, 07:37
Thank you very much for the tip and help. I didn't know i had to add AlbumRating to itemTags. After adding MinimServer it started without error and works. Now, using e.g. MP3 Tag, how can I add information that I rate the album with one star and so that I can see the AlbumRating category in Index tags? These are probably prosaic issues, but in my case they are necessary.
23-10-2023, 09:13 (This post was last modified: 23-10-2023 12:01 by simbun.)
(23-10-2023 07:37)KreTR Wrote:  Thank you very much for the tip and help. I didn't know i had to add AlbumRating to itemTags.
Any tag that's used in any of the MinimServer configuration must be listed in either indexTags (if you want it indexed) or itemTags.

(23-10-2023 07:37)KreTR Wrote:  Now, using e.g. MP3 Tag, how can I add information that I rate the album with one star and so that I can see the AlbumRating category in Index tags?
Right click in the empty space next to the album art in the left hand pane and choose Customize, then in the resulting window click on the star in the Tag Panel on the right and populate the fields as per the attached image.

After clicking OK in the 'Edit field' window, move the Rating tag up (using the up/down arrows on the bottom right of the panel) the list until it's just below 'T&rack' and click OK.
Then just type into the field as you would any other.

To index the tags in MinimServer just add ALBUMRATING to indexTags.

In terms of presentation, I would use tagUpdate to modify the ratings in the following way (for use as an index):
Code:
@ALBUMRATING=1
=ALBUMRATING=★☆☆☆☆
@ALBUMRATING=2
=ALBUMRATING=★★☆☆☆
@ALBUMRATING=3
=ALBUMRATING=★★★☆☆
@ALBUMRATING=4
=ALBUMRATING=★★★★☆
@ALBUMRATING=5
=ALBUMRATING=★★★★★
23-10-2023, 11:33
I did it and I now know how to mark my favorite albums and give them a rating from 1 to 5. I still have a question: what to do so that instead of the number 5 after the album title, for example, stars appear, e.g. (****) or even better (5*) . I tried to add the entry proposed in post 2 in the TagUpdate.txt file but I still only receive the number 5.
23-10-2023, 11:48
(23-10-2023 11:33)KreTR Wrote:  I still have a question: what to do so that instead of the number 5 after the album title, for example, stars appear, e.g. (****) or even better (5*) . I tried to add the entry proposed in post 2 in the TagUpdate.txt file but I still only receive the number 5.
The tagUpdate script in post 2 creates a new virtual tag called ALBUMSTAR, is that the tag you specified in your Album.displayFormat? Remember that ALBUMSTAR will also need to be included in itemTags.

If that doesn't solve it, it might be worth putting ALBUMRATING and ALBUMSTAR in indexTags to see what values they have.
24-10-2023, 12:37
Thank you for your help. Thanks to your suggestions, I managed to get a "5*" rating and configure the display of songs and albums as I need.
Is it possible to sort differently in individual Index elements, e.g. in the case of sorting Favorites by alphabet and not by release date as in other categories i have?