Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer or Synology Mediaserver
15-02-2018, 10:31
MinimServer or Synology Mediaserver
Hi,
What are the benefits of using the Minimserver instead of the standard Mediaserver on a Synology Nas in combination with the Android App on the phone or tablet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2018, 19:13
RE: MinimServer or Synology Mediaserver
Hi,

Well, depending on your library size and music style you're listening, but Minimserver will help you sort and find your music in a much advanced way (composer, artists etc..) And you can choose between different point control app for your device. If you care about your music, go for MinimServer Wink
16-02-2018, 09:27
No doubt about thatHeart. The Android app is faster and works better then the DS audio app from Synology. Now I have them both running on the NAS, MinimServer and the Synology standard Mediaserver.

I have about 3000 albums, all sorts off music and lots off classical music.
All the music tags are made with Mp3Tag and well organized from the start. When I open the music collection from MinimServer some multi-disk collection are split in separated disks. (Not with the standard Synology server) So I see lots of the same cover appear. That is strange because I adjusted the tag in Mp3Tag to be ONE album.

I have read a lot in this forum and I believe that the possibility's are huge. I have to study this program and that is not so simple because my English is not that good.

Synology DS212+
16-02-2018, 11:09 (This post was last modified: 16-02-2018 11:10 by pask.)
Open your MP3 editor, edit the DISCNUMBER tag correctly AND add DISCSUBTITLE tag the same way. Then make sure albums name is the same for all disc (I personally use for exemple "Argerich DG Collection - Concertos (4CDs)" to show it's a box set album). make a minimiser rescan and your box set album will be merged
16-02-2018, 12:28
This is the screen I have in Mp3Tag editor. The music appears as 9 different CD's. Disc number is set to "1"
I have no "DISCSUBTITLE" field.

[Image: i-LmcQBZZ-XL.jpg]

Synology DS212+
16-02-2018, 14:52
I have added the DISCSUBTITLE field as described here : http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...p?tid=4081
DISCSUBTITLE = Oboe Concertos
I still have the same view: several CD from the same CD box are split.

Synology DS212+
16-02-2018, 15:35 (This post was last modified: 16-02-2018 15:36 by simoncn.)
To get the 9 discs merged into a single album, you need to set DISCNUMBER to 1, 2, ...., 9. You don't need DISCSUBTITLE.
16-02-2018, 19:48
Wel, sorry, I have tried everything and the situation is not changing.

Synology DS212+
16-02-2018, 21:34
You have a very strange setting for Album Artist. If this tag doesn't match across all the discs, they won't be merged.
17-02-2018, 12:52
(16-02-2018 21:34)simoncn Wrote:  You have a very strange setting for Album Artist. If this tag doesn't match across all the discs, they won't be merged.

No matter how I do it, it is not changing. Strange Confused

Synology DS212+