Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi-disc DiscSubtitle sorting
09-02-2018, 17:45
RE: Multi-disc DiscSubtitle sorting
It would probably need a new tag such as ALBUMSET. I don't think there is any standard tag for this, unfortunately. The ALBUM tag (and everything below ALBUM) would stay unchanged, with ALBUMSET an optional higher level in the containment hierarchy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2018, 09:51 (This post was last modified: 12-02-2018 21:34 by paultaylor.)
MusicBrainz has the concept of releases (albums) and release groups (albumsets), and we store that data when tagging with Jaikoz/Songkong so there is a sort of a standard field name within releases matched to Musicbrainz, but not a more general concept, but would need MinimServer to support an additional level in its hierachy to be able to do what you want.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2018, 14:19 (This post was last modified: 10-02-2018 14:23 by DavidHB.)
Please forgive me if this is being stupid ...

I was being stupid, so I've deleted the rest of the text ... Smile

David
10-02-2018, 18:04
(09-02-2018 13:24)simoncn Wrote:  It is an error to have two different DISCSUBTITLE tags for files that are part of the same album and have the same DISCNUMBER. MinimServer checks for this when the conflicting files are in the same folder but there is currently no check for this when the conflicting files are merged from different folders into the same album disc. I will add this check in the next update.

This check has been added in MinimServer update 121. If the DISCSUBTITLE values are different in the different folders, a warning is written to the log and one of the values (the last one seen) is ignored.
10-02-2018, 18:34
(10-02-2018 18:04)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 13:24)simoncn Wrote:  It is an error to have two different DISCSUBTITLE tags for files that are part of the same album and have the same DISCNUMBER. MinimServer checks for this when the conflicting files are in the same folder but there is currently no check for this when the conflicting files are merged from different folders into the same album disc. I will add this check in the next update.

This check has been added in MinimServer update 121. If the DISCSUBTITLE values are different in the different folders, a warning is written to the log and one of the values (the last one seen) is ignored.

|Got it. And only if DISCNUMBER is the same obviously.
I just noticed I have warnings for an album with two ALBUMARTIST tags. It's a collab. and it appears under both artists, so wondering why there are warnings? Is it actually not valid to have multiple album artists for collaborations?
10-02-2018, 19:35
MinimServer does not support (and has never supported) more than one AlbumArtist for an album. You can have more than one Artist but only one AlbumArtist.
11-02-2018, 07:18
(10-02-2018 19:35)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer does not support (and has never supported) more than one AlbumArtist for an album. You can have more than one Artist but only one AlbumArtist.

Oh well. At least it's only a warning and actually works. Please don't change it to an error so it doesn't Wink
11-02-2018, 10:28
It is presumably working because it has two ARTIST tags as well as two ALBUMARTIST tags. The conflicting ALBUMARTIST tags are ignored and the ARTIST tags are used instead.
11-02-2018, 11:07
I presume then that Minim has created two "album artist" entries based on the two artist tags instead of using the albumartist tags. Interesting. Produces the same result in the end. But I also assume that if any of the tracks had a third "guest" artist tag it wouldn't work.
11-02-2018, 15:28
For the Artist index, MinimServer uses the AlbumArtist tag if it is present (not present in your case because of the conflict) and Artist tags otherwise (present in your case). This will happen no matter how many Artist tags your album has.

For the AlbumArtist index, MinimServer uses the AlbumArtist tag only (not present in your case because of the conflict).

For the All Artists index, MinimServer uses Artist tags only.