Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Information files and Comment tags
26-01-2018, 14:08
Information files and Comment tags
I have a few pdfs for some albums, so thought I'd try the information files feature. From the manual, it says you need to add the Comment tag to itemTags, and set its displayFormat to the URI string. Is this the only way?

Because, after a bit of detective work for what I thought was another problem (see below*) it seems that albums that already have a Comment tag value are clashing with this function.

*some my albums started showing as unavailable on the control point (strike through note in Kazoo), and the only common denominator I can find is that they have the Comment tag already set (usually a vendor ID by the looks of it).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2018, 14:27
RE: Information files and Comment tags
Are you sure you have the correct syntax for your displayFormat setting? The recommended setting is

Comment.displayFormat={$*infoFileURI^<a href="^">Digital booklet</a>$comment}

which will append any existing value of the Comment tag to the information file URI link.

At present, only BubbleUPnP and BubbleDS can use this information to provide you with a clickable link to display the PDF file.

It is possible that Kazoo can't handle HTML in the Description value that the server sends to the control point. If so, I would expect this to affect all files with PDF booklets, not just those that also have Comment tags.
26-01-2018, 14:54
Hi Simon, just got back on to say my post was a red herring. Sorry! It seemed after further investigation, a couple of things seem to have happened.
I had a double comma between two format strings in the tagFormat field (do you think this may have caused an issue?), but this still left two albums with the strike through icon - so on a whim I re-wrote the tags for those in mp3tag, and all is now well again. Do you think when dbPoweramp wrote the ReplayGain tags it messed up a bit for those two? I would have only noticed today so it may well have been like that ever since then.
26-01-2018, 14:55
PS My Android tablet should be here tomorrow, when I have it up and running I'll be giving the booklet thing a go!
26-01-2018, 15:15
MinimServer should ignore a double comma and I wouldn't expect that writing ReplayGain tags would mess up some other tag. I'm glad all is well now.
27-01-2018, 06:51
(26-01-2018 15:15)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer should ignore a double comma and I wouldn't expect that writing ReplayGain tags would mess up some other tag. I'm glad all is well now.

So am I. It was a bit odd though.
31-01-2018, 10:35
I have just got my android tab3, so am playing with the booklets feature on BubbleDS Next. Couple of questions: Chrome downloads the booklet.pdf each time, then does nothing when I select "Open". If I tap the file in Downloads it then says "can't open file". I can open them on my laptop with Acrobat Reader. This is probably a question for bubble, but I can't find his forum to ask (if there is one).
I'd also rather Chrome just opened them rather than downloaded it each time (especially as they all have the same name so it prompts each time). Is there a setting in Chrome for that?

I have another question, more for Simon.
I have tried to index the Comment tag in order to see what albums have a booklet. So "Comment" is in indexTags, rather than itemTags, and "Comment.displayFormat={$*infoFileURI^<a href="^">Digital booklet</a>$comment}" is in tagFormat.

However, the Comment container only shows the original contents of the Comment tags (if any). I only have a few pdfs (11, found using Explorer Search), so I was able to find them all under "unknown", along with all the other albums that have no Comment tag. Is there a way to do this from the control point? When using Bubble, on that device I have no access to the NAS file system to search.

TIA for any help!
31-01-2018, 11:02
OK, I found Acrobat reader for android, so I'm using that instead. Can scrub the first question!
31-01-2018, 15:25
To enable me to find my information files, I have added InfoFile to indexTags and

InfoFile.indexFormat={$*infoFileURI}

to tagFormat.
31-01-2018, 15:42
There is also Drive PDF Viewer, which produces a less cluttered display.