Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Couple of "How-to" questions
24-01-2018, 22:46 (This post was last modified: 24-01-2018 23:23 by dukdukgoos.)
Couple of "How-to" questions
I'm really enjoying using MinimServer, love the control it gives!

There are a couple of things I'm wondering how to do (or if they're possible):

1. Is there a way to use different sorting for the same list seen in different contexts? For example, when viewing the "Albums" list as a whole it makes sense to me to see in alphabetically, but when I drill into a certain artist and look at just their albums I'd rather see them chronologically. Is it possible to do that with MinimServer?
  2. I would like to display some additional information for certain tags. Can I set up a custom tag in some files, say ARTISTDESC, then add a tagFormat string like "Artist.indexFormat={$artist^$artistdesc^ (^)}" to show that additional information when it exists? EDIT: I got this to work with displayFormat, but not indexFormat... unfortunately the index is really where I want to see this information.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2018, 09:54
RE: Couple of "How-to" questions
(24-01-2018 22:46)dukdukgoos Wrote:  Is there a way to use different sorting for the same list seen in different contexts? For example, when viewing the "Albums" list as a whole it makes sense to me to see in alphabetically, but when I drill into a certain artist and look at just their albums I'd rather see them chronologically. Is it possible to do that with MinimServer?

No, this isn't possible.

Quote:I would like to display some additional information for certain tags. Can I set up a custom tag in some files, say ARTISTDESC, then add a tagFormat string like "Artist.indexFormat={$artist^$artistdesc^ (^)}" to show that additional information when it exists? EDIT: I got this to work with displayFormat, but not indexFormat... unfortunately the index is really where I want to see this information.

This does work with indexFormat but you will only see it when the Artist index entry corresponds to an Artist tag rather than an AlbumArtist tag. (The Artist index uses the AlbumArtist tag value when available and the Artist tag value otherwise.)
25-01-2018, 13:53
(25-01-2018 09:54)simoncn Wrote:  
Quote:I would like to display some additional information for certain tags. Can I set up a custom tag in some files, say ARTISTDESC, then add a tagFormat string like "Artist.indexFormat={$artist^$artistdesc^ (^)}" to show that additional information when it exists? EDIT: I got this to work with displayFormat, but not indexFormat... unfortunately the index is really where I want to see this information.

This does work with indexFormat but you will only see it when the Artist index entry corresponds to an Artist tag rather than an AlbumArtist tag. (The Artist index uses the AlbumArtist tag value when available and the Artist tag value otherwise.)
So does that imply I should set up the same idea but with AlbumArtist?

ALBUMARTISTDESC
AlbumArtist.indexFormat={$albumartist^$albumartistdesc^ (^)}
25-01-2018, 16:06 (This post was last modified: 25-01-2018 16:07 by simoncn.)
For various reasons (see this section), this won't work. There are also limitations caused by the way MinimServer handles the AlbumArtist tag and the Artist index. I will consider the possibility of making improvements in this area as a potential future enhancement to MinimServer.
26-01-2018, 00:09
Okay, thanks for considering these as enhancements!