Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user, help getting started please
23-01-2018, 16:14 (This post was last modified: 23-01-2018 16:25 by Milo Tweenie.)
New user, help getting started please
I'm struggling to get started on how to configure the search process.

I've come from the old Linn specific version of Twonky with Bubble DS Next and am used to searching first for an album artist, then selecting from a list of their albums.

I've got MinimServer working and it's playing music, but I can't figure out how to personalise the search. I'm being presented with Artist (I'd prefer AlbumArtist) and then a list of individual tracks rather than a list of albums.

I'm assuming there must be some sort of configuration webpage, but I simply can't find it. In File Exporer I can see MinimServer listed as a Media Device but the webpage this leads to is simply a Minim Server Status page, nothing else.

I've installed MinimWatch and tried Properties but I'm presented with a set of options and mostly empty boxes that mean absolutely nothing to me.

Feel a bit of a numpty.Sad Any help would be much appreciated.

Bit more info: MinimServer installed on a brand new networked QNAP HS-251+ NAS. Windows 10 PC. Bubble DS Next on Android phone. Linn Majik DS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2018, 17:28
RE: New user, help getting started please
Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

The Properties dialog is where you do configuration. For a summary of the properties with links to full descriptions, see this page.

To show an AlbumArtist index entry in the menu, you need to add AlbumArtist to the indexTags property, then select Restart from the MinimWatch minim icon.

When you select AlbumArtist, the first line should be "n albums". Selecting this will show all the albums for that album artist.
23-01-2018, 18:59 (This post was last modified: 23-01-2018 19:23 by Milo Tweenie.)
Thanks for coming back to me Simon.

What I'm seeing in "Library" within Bubble DS doesn't seem to correlate with the index Tags property box. I'm seeing:

Songs
Artist
Album
Genre
Year
etc

I added AlbumArtist (comma, space) at the front of the index Tabs list (Apply and Restart) and it doesn't seem to have changed anything. MinimWatch icon went from green to yellow back to green, I then restarted Bubble DS.

I'm starting to wonder if I've unwittingly got more than one media server running on the NAS. When I set it up I ticked the box at some point to enable DLNA Media Server. Is that the problem?
23-01-2018, 19:38
Yep, two media servers running and Bubble DS was looking at the wrong one. I think I'm under way now.

Thanks